Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Alex

Default question and drive by gloat

I have a question about my new Vicmarc VL300 (that I bought for $1500
dollars from a world famous turner!) It's a 220v 2hp motor and I don't
have 22o wired in my shop. I bought a 30amp 220v circuit breaker,
wired both the black and white wire to the outlet using 12 gauge wire
and everything seems to be working fine, but I can actually stop the
lathe at low speed. It would seem that I should not be able to do
this. Any tips would be appreciated. BTW the wire run is only about
20 feet or so.

thanks....Alex