Glenn

Default Floor Mounted Toolrest

Check out this homemade floor mounted toolrest.
Glenn Hodges
Nashville, GA
http://www.drechselnundmehr.de/cutec...=9&thread=2991

Jo-Anne & Edward Tabachek

Check out the lathe too.
Isn't that a tractor sitting up top of those timbers???

John

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 08:11:39 -0500, "Jo-Anne & Edward Tabachek"
wrote:

Check out the lathe too.
Isn't that a tractor sitting up top of those timbers???

Probably the power source for the 'lathe'.

What a picture! Outstanding!

John

Jack

I'd like to see his parting tool.

Jack

Don

My gosh! is that a laid up bowl blank?
it must have taken months to just do that!
i couldnt get page to translate into english
so could someone tell me the story around
this turning?

Matt Heffron

I didn't know McNaughton made a set of "super humongous" coring blades! ;-)

Matt

"Jack" wrote in message
ups.com...

I'd like to see his parting tool.

Jack

Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Don

Saw this picture last year I think on a Australian web site, I'll see if
I can find it, what I recall of it is that they (wood turners group)
made the bowl like a segmented bowl, used a farm tractor to drive the
bowl with the rear wheel hub, there was also a picture of the turners
group with the finished bowl.

have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Don wrote:

My gosh! is that a laid up bowl blank?
it must have taken months to just do that!
i couldnt get page to translate into english
so could someone tell me the story around
this turning?

Don

leo Have seen that au. one it was about 8' in dia and page was in
english. this one must be twice that size.
Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Don

OOPS, got to be bedtime, or something, took an other look and yes this
is not the Australian one, just a look alike and BIGGER, who's next to
better that ??

Good night

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Don wrote:

leo Have seen that au. one it was about 8' in dia and page was in
english. this one must be twice that size.

Harald Müller

Hello all
This segmented bowl is turnd by Peter Andres ,Swizerland .
Many more pictures you find he
http://www.peter-andres.com/www_root...galerie/events
/veranstaltungen/Weltrekord&Nummer=0
Its a worldrecord for the Guinessbook.