Rob McConachie

Default WTB - Norfolk Island Pine

Greetings!!

I was wondering if anybody knew where I could get some NIP in the northern
suburbs of the Detroit metropolitan area?

I have a friend in FL and he has 3 NIPs that were damaged in the hurricane.
But, I cant imagine how to get the wood up here in a cost-effective manner.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

Rob

Tom Weber

Rob,
I bought some NIP from Bill Sullivan (I think it was) here in Florida
several years ago.
He just wrapped it in clear plastic, stuck my address and the proper
postage on it, and gave it to the post office. (At least, I know he
didn't put it in one of those drop boxes!)
It was several feet long, and about 10-12 inches in diameter. Weighed
30 to 40 pounds. Don't remember the particulars for sure.
I know I was surprised when the mailman dragged it up to my door.
I imagine if it meets the overall total dimensions for a package, bark
(and plastic wrap) is considered as good as cardboard.
Have your friend check with his local post office.
Tom Weber in Merritt Island, FL