DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cutting Lignum Vitae (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/117192-cutting-lignum-vitae.html)

[email protected] August 16th 05 02:52 PM

Cutting Lignum Vitae

I have a block of Lignum Vitae 10"Wide by 6" Deep and need to cut off
a piece to turn.
It is too thick for the table saw , I'm not trying a hand saw!
Do I cut it with a chain saw?

Patriarch August 16th 05 03:35 PM

wrote in news:tlr3g1d4rh36drs2aopsnjkjlgel1hq9s6@
4ax.com:

I have a block of Lignum Vitae 10"Wide by 6" Deep and need to cut off
a piece to turn.
It is too thick for the table saw , I'm not trying a hand saw!
Do I cut it with a chain saw?

That new band saw you wanted? Here's justification!

Patriarch

Chuck August 16th 05 06:33 PM

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:52:04 GMT, wrote:

I have a block of Lignum Vitae 10"Wide by 6" Deep and need to cut off
a piece to turn.
It is too thick for the table saw , I'm not trying a hand saw!
Do I cut it with a chain saw?

How about, make a cut on your table saw, turn it over and cut the same
track from the opposite side, then use your handsaw to saw down the
kerf and finish it?

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com