DJ Delorie

Default first segmented bowl!

Two weeks and 276 trapezoids later...

http://www.delorie.com/wood/projects/segbowllegs/

At first, Pat said she didn't want it to leave the house.

Later, she said she was going to buy lots of raffle tickets (this
piece is for a charity raffle).

Next, it was "you know, if I don't win, you might have to build a
second one."

I think she likes it :-)
Leo Van Der Loo

Very nice job DJ

You better start building the second one, I'm sure she likes it.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

DJ Delorie wrote:
Two weeks and 276 trapezoids later...

http://www.delorie.com/wood/projects/segbowllegs/

At first, Pat said she didn't want it to leave the house.

Later, she said she was going to buy lots of raffle tickets (this
piece is for a charity raffle).

Next, it was "you know, if I don't win, you might have to build a
second one."

I think she likes it :-)

Ruth Niles

DJ wrote: "Two weeks and 276 trapezoids later...
http://www.delorie.com/wood/projects/segbowllegs/ ..." ....snip......
"I think she likes it :-)

Very nice, DJ, but then you seem to be able to do anything you put your mind
to! I can see why Pat likes it and I'm sure it will bring a nice amount
for the charity.

Take care,
Ruth
www.torne-lignum.com

DJ Delorie

"Ruth Niles" writes:
Very nice, DJ, but then you seem to be able to do anything you put
your mind to!

I certainly try. Being the engineer type, I choose projects for their
technical challenge, not their artistic challenge. This one was a
challenge! I spent hours just setting up the saw to make those cuts
as precisely as I could.

I can see why Pat likes it and I'm sure it will bring a nice amount
for the charity.

That's what I keep telling her. "I'll have to buy a lot of raffle
tickets to make sure I win it." "That's the whole point." :-)
DJ Delorie

DJ Delorie writes:
http://www.delorie.com/wood/projects/segbowllegs/

Follow-up... The 20 items at the raffle earned about $4000 for our
scholarship fund (a record!). The segmented bowl Pat wanted so bad
was one by... my son Jason! He says he's keeping it just so I have to
make a second one for Pat (thus she gets to choose the wood etc).