robo hippy

Default Bowl care

My post about nut oils led to almost as many questions as it did
answers. Now another question, how do you tell people to take care of
their bowls? The following is the care card that I give to my
customers.........

Bowl Ca This bowl has been finished with a mix of walnut cooking oil
and mineral oil. Bees wax is then buffed in. Wipe out well after use
(not the nest day), because some vegetable oils can go sour if allowed
to soak in. Hand wash only. Do not soak. Mild soap and water is ok.
Then hand or air dry. Apply more oil as needed.

I will then show the bowl that I have used as my personal show food
bowl for over 5 years now. It is ash, that was almost snow white when
new, and is now a very nice amber color. I have had almost everything
in it a bowl can hold;Mexican, pasta, stir fry, bar-b que, cheese cake,
ice cream, salads, pizza, etc. I have used soap in it a few times
because oils do seem to build up, but have never needed to reoil it.
The inside is a slightly darker color than the outside.
robo hippy

mac davis

On 25 Jul 2005 09:11:11 -0700, "robo hippy" wrote:

[...]

so, have you made that huge beer goblet for shows yet?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing