Barry N. Turner

Default Turning Milestone!

I actually sold a piece for more than a hundred dollars! Actually, it was
for $125.00 to the owner of a gallery. It was to be a gift for his wife.
The $125.00 was my take, not retail. I never thought it would happen. Most
of my sales have been pens or Christmas ornaments.

Barry

Lobby Dosser

"Barry N. Turner" wrote:

I actually sold a piece for more than a hundred dollars! Actually, it
was for $125.00 to the owner of a gallery. It was to be a gift for
his wife. The $125.00 was my take, not retail. I never thought it
would happen. Most of my sales have been pens or Christmas ornaments.

Barry

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Pics??
mac davis

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 23:02:17 -0500, "Barry N. Turner"
wrote:

I actually sold a piece for more than a hundred dollars! Actually, it was
for $125.00 to the owner of a gallery. It was to be a gift for his wife.
The $125.00 was my take, not retail. I never thought it would happen. Most
of my sales have been pens or Christmas ornaments.

Barry

that's GREAT, Barry.. congrats!
So, what $150+ tool on your wish list gets ordered this week? *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
robo hippy

Barry,
I can still remember the rush of putting a (to me) rediculous price on
a piece, and then having it sell. I am a firm believer in having things
in all price ranges. You usually won't sell as many pieces that are
expensive (say in the $200 to $1,000 plus range), you may have to carry
them around for a while, but they do sell. You just never know when. I
bought my first lathe by selling a $600 chest of drawers on the first
day of a 5 weekends Christmas show. I fully expected to take it home
because it was so expensive and I had never had anything even near that
price. Keep up the good work, and make some more of those high dollar
pieces.
robo hippy

George

"Barry N. Turner" wrote in message
I'm thinking a new Supernova II chuck with the new 75mm bowl jaws, but I'm
still a few dollars short. What do you think?

Do you have the "Power Grip " jaws? Those things'll handle the really big
stuff.

I like the broader faces on the bowl jaws compared to the standard 25/50.
though. Ought to give good resistance to angular forces.

mac davis

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 22:33:57 -0500, "Barry N. Turner"
wrote:

you have to ask George about that...
I'm still heavily in like with my Oneway Talon after 6 months or so..

I'm thinking a new Supernova II chuck with the new 75mm bowl jaws, but I'm
still a few dollars short. What do you think?

Barry

.. .

wrote:

I actually sold a piece for more than a hundred dollars! Actually, it

was
for $125.00 to the owner of a gallery. It was to be a gift for his wife.
The $125.00 was my take, not retail. I never thought it would happen.

Most
of my sales have been pens or Christmas ornaments.

Barry

that's GREAT, Barry.. congrats!
So, what $150+ tool on your wish list gets ordered this week? *g*

mac

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Barry N. Turner

I have had a Supernova chuck for a couple of years.............which I find
to be totally satisfactory for my style of turning. I just get tired of
changing jaws so much and decided to get another chuck. I don't have the
super jaws. Was thinking about the 75 mm jaws though.

Barry

wrote:

you have to ask George about that...
I'm still heavily in like with my Oneway Talon after 6 months or so..

I'm thinking a new Supernova II chuck with the new 75mm bowl jaws, but

I'm
still a few dollars short. What do you think?

Barry

.. .