DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   LDD Method (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/110405-ldd-method.html)

Rick Cox June 20th 05 04:17 PM

LDD Method

Is there a Link to Leif's document on the LDD Method?
I am intrested in trying it out.
Thanks

David C. Stone June 20th 05 05:42 PM

In article , Rick Cox
wrote:

Is there a Link to Leif's document on the LDD Method?
I am intrested in trying it out.
Thanks

The only link I managed to find by Googling this group was to
a password-protected site. If anybody has a working link that
does NOT require a password, please post it!!

Leif Thorvaldson June 20th 05 07:40 PM

All you had to do was ask! I have updated the one on Ron Kent's Site (may
his name be blest). The other posted sites are the older ones and you need
to join. I am very happy to post it in a separate email directly to you!
Which I will immediately do after I send this one. I assume that
is a righteous email address?

. ..

Leif Thorvaldson June 20th 05 07:42 PM

David: Send my your email address and I will send you a copy of the
World-famous Treatise on LDD.

Leif

charles jones June 21st 05 11:21 AM

Try: www.turningwood.com/LDD.htm

Charlie

Mr Charlie Jones
Student Workshop Supervisor
Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
Oxford University,South Parks Road
Oxford, OX1 3QZ, United Kingdom

tel. (44) 1865 275441
or (44) 1865 275168
fax (44) 1865 275410
mob 07833392589
. ..

[email protected] June 21st 05 03:53 PM

Thanks so very much for the document.

Dave in Fairfax June 21st 05 06:54 PM

wrote:
Thanks so very much for the document.

More than welcome. You have your program set to write in HTML, though.
The convention is to use plain text since the net is worldwide and not
all people have readers that read HTML. Some even pay for time, so in
this case size matters.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

Arch June 21st 05 09:12 PM

Hi Dave,
You mentioned that some pay for time. I'm not too savvy about computer
usage. Sadly, I guessed wrong and learned all about analog instead of
digital computers years ago. As with all COCs, my posts tend to be
wordy and could be a disservice to some. I noticed that others add
'long' to the subject line so I often do. Does this warning help to save
money for
some members or just time & boredom?

When do the charges kick in? Do these charges relate to the length of
posts on rcw? TIA (don't he feel smart and ain't he computer literate
with his sporty acronyms) :) ......and tiresome icons?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Patriarch June 21st 05 09:47 PM

(Arch) wrote in news:4211-42B874A7-912@storefull-
3178.bay.webtv.net:

Hi Dave,
You mentioned that some pay for time. I'm not too savvy about computer
usage. Sadly, I guessed wrong and learned all about analog instead of
digital computers years ago. As with all COCs, my posts tend to be
wordy and could be a disservice to some. I noticed that others add
'long' to the subject line so I often do. Does this warning help to save
money for
some members or just time & boredom?

When do the charges kick in? Do these charges relate to the length of
posts on rcw? TIA (don't he feel smart and ain't he computer literate
with his sporty acronyms) :) ......and tiresome icons?

Internet connection time. Much more common with dial up, and more common
in areas (countries) with less competition for ISP services. And for
travelers, using away-from home (or roaming) services to reach Usenet.

Other plans have measured download rates (bits per time period).

There's all kinds of plans out there, just not every one available to
everyone.

Patriarch

(btw: What's COC? Newbie here asking.)

Harry Pye June 21st 05 10:44 PM

You mentioned that some pay for time. I'm not too savvy about computer
usage.

I'm not sure how many ISP's still offer plans for a certain number of
hours/month. Most are for unlimited usage. But I've had plans that
charged one fee for the first 25 hours and then a higher fee for any
additional hours.

When you compose a message in HTML format you can use multiple fonts,
underline, bold and most of the other enhancements available with a word
processor. Compared to "Plain Text" these messages are quite a bit
larger and thus take longer to download. One of your long, insightful
messages is probably no larger than a much shorter HTML message.

Hope this helps,

Harry

Patriarch June 22nd 05 02:31 AM

Lobby Dosser wrote in news:Lk1ue.3522