George

Default Salutations on The Day

Laundry times two loads hung, garden half weeded, three spoons smoothed and
14 turnings freshly varnished. Not too shabby for Father's Day. Eldest
called from Germany, daughter from the NASCAR race downstate, youngest
slept in, and is now off to work.

I'm sitting here enjoying pumpernickel bread, beef sausage and strong cheese
along with an ice-cold Heineken. I may even belch a couple of times with
pure indulgence.

Wishing you all the same.

Dave in Fairfax

George wrote:
Laundry times two loads hung, garden half weeded, three spoons smoothed and
14 turnings freshly varnished. Not too shabby for Father's Day. Eldest
called from Germany, daughter from the NASCAR race downstate, youngest
slept in, and is now off to work.
I'm sitting here enjoying pumpernickel bread, beef sausage and strong cheese
along with an ice-cold Heineken. I may even belch a couple of times with
pure indulgence.
Wishing you all the same.

2 loads of colors, 1 load of whites, 1 special load. move stuff out of
the way, vacuum the living snot out of the place, force daughter to
clean her room and BR, FIL coming in tomorrow for a week. Scrape down
coffee table, cabinet scrapers that is, several layers of shellac and
I'm ready for a stout. The table wouldn't have neede it, but the
daughter won't keep her feet off it and does her nails on it. She
doesn't understand the concept of coasters either. If I'd thought of it
earlier I would have planed it down a squidge before I finished it.
Looks like a rainy day project. This'll work.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

Laundry?! LOML did the laundry.
Finally made a fence for the bandsaw, a present to myself.
Did some experimental multi-center turning.
Repaired a headboard for a neighbor, a $50 job. Not bad for 2 hours
work.
BBQed corn, asparagus, and ribeye steaks (gotta teach my wife how to
grill ), had the family over for dinner. Got a nice handmade gift
from my 5 year old grandson.
It doesn't get any better than this for me!

mac davis

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:09:33 -0400, "George" wrote:

Laundry times two loads hung, garden half weeded, three spoons smoothed and
14 turnings freshly varnished. Not too shabby for Father's Day. Eldest
called from Germany, daughter from the NASCAR race downstate, youngest
slept in, and is now off to work.

I'm sitting here enjoying pumpernickel bread, beef sausage and strong cheese
along with an ice-cold Heineken. I may even belch a couple of times with
pure indulgence.

Wishing you all the same.

umm.. thanks George.. I'll try not to belch too loudly.. *g*

Did lots of stuff Sunday, mostly in the shop... the high point was when my
oldest stepson (25 yrs old & in the Army) called to wish me happy father's
day... after almost 10 years, he called me "dad" for the 1st time...
It was a very touching moment and meant more to me that any present that he
could of bought..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing