Derek Hartzell

Default Patience & Nicholson measure

Anyone bought any of their bowl gouges? Do they use the English
(approximate width of flute/gouge barstock is 1/8"+ larger) or US (actual
diameter of barstock) measurement system?

Thanks,

Derek

Greg Jensen

P&N measurements are of the stock used to make the tool not the flute width.

Greg Jensen
North American rep P&N tools

"Derek Hartzell" wrote in message
Anyone bought any of their bowl gouges? Do they use the English
(approximate width of flute/gouge barstock is 1/8"+ larger) or US (actual
diameter of barstock) measurement system?

Thanks,

Derek

Roger

Derek,
I use a deep fluted gouge and it fitsfine in the "Ellsworth" jig. It
comes with the standard bowl gouge grind so you will have to grind it
or order two because they are cheaper than the other 'names', and you
can get two P&N's for the price of one of the others.
I hope to be passing through your fair town in a week, I hope the No.
Cascades highway is open.
Roger Dunn