dave

Default stihl 021 chainsaw is missing a piece, what holds it in? what shapeis it?

I'm missing a small linkage piece on my stihl 021 chainsaw; it 'links'
the carb butterfly to the black "flipper thumbswitch". right now I have
to hold my thumb under the choke link 'arm' when pulling the rope, which
is kind'a hard to do. I (found some closeups elsewhere of an 021) AND
posted a site with three pix of my missing link. I got some questions
for stihl 021 owners or talented mechanics on my idex page.

thanks much in advance for any help you can give.

http://hardwares.atspace.com/stihl_021_chainsaw/

tool

to reply by e-mail, please remove the 'weirdstuff' first
Leif Thorvaldson

Dave: From the pix you show of the link, I would think you could bend a
piece of wire to duplicate the link. If you make it out of soft enough
wire, you could reach in with needlenosed pliers and bend the ends
sufficiently to insure it would stay put. Failing that, are there no saw
shops in your vicinity?

Leif
"dave" wrote in message
I'm missing a small linkage piece on my stihl 021 chainsaw; it 'links' the
carb butterfly to the black "flipper thumbswitch". right now I have to
hold my thumb under the choke link 'arm' when pulling the rope, which is
kind'a hard to do. I (found some closeups elsewhere of an 021) AND posted
a site with three pix of my missing link. I got some questions for stihl
021 owners or talented mechanics on my idex page.

thanks much in advance for any help you can give.

http://hardwares.atspace.com/stihl_021_chainsaw/

tool

to reply by e-mail, please remove the 'weirdstuff' first

Dave in Fairfax

dave wrote:
I'm missing a small linkage piece on my stihl 021 chainsaw; it 'links'
the carb butterfly to the black "flipper thumbswitch". right now I have
to hold my thumb under the choke link 'arm' when pulling the rope, which
is kind'a hard to do. I (found some closeups elsewhere of an 021) AND
posted a site with three pix of my missing link. I got some questions
for stihl 021 owners or talented mechanics on my idex page.

Easy answer is a small piece of wire clothes hanger with the ends
bent around into looped to keep it in place. It renewable if it
ever goes bad and it's cheap.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

Greetings!
As far as I can tell, the part number you're looking for is:
1123-182-1505 (It's listed as "Throttle Rod".). Be warned, I'm looking
at a January 2003 version of the Stihl SCS. I don't *think* the o21
has changed. Of course, it might be called the MS-210 by now!

To answer your other question, the part is held in place by it's shape.
No clips, springs, or what have you. IMHO, find a coat hanger and
bend away! But if you *want* a genuine part...It's probbably not very
expensive. Hope this helps!

Hal

My Wonderful Stihl Chainsaw... Bill Home Ownership 10 March 22nd 05 04:03 AM
Steam Bending Lumber - Any Good Sites Big John Woodworking 2 December 26th 04 06:30 PM
FAQ - Steambending gregg Woodworking 0 December 26th 04 02:06 PM
FS: Stihl Chainsaw MS280 TerryB UK diy 0 March 11th 04 04:23 PM
How Much Wood Are You Willing to “Waste” (Long) charlie b Woodworking 7 March 4th 04 06:05 PM