Ictus

Default Insulating a garden building.

I've a 5m x 3m garden building (really swanky shed) that I want to use
as an "outside room" for various purposes including music practice (no
electric instruments). I want to insulate it for heat and sound. The
building is new, with shiplap cladding on 75mmx38mm members. What might
the best insulation be? I've considered Jablite, compressed rockwool
(expensive), glassfibre... that would be OK for heat, but what about
sound? Would puting plasterboard on the inside walls be helpful? The
finish inside is to be T&G matching, so I need to be able to affix
this easily to (whatever). Any helpful ideas will be much appreciated!
Ictus

Ictus wrote:
I've a 5m x 3m garden building (really swanky shed) that I want to use
as an "outside room" for various purposes including music practice (no
electric instruments). I want to insulate it for heat and sound. The
building is new, with shiplap cladding on 75mmx38mm members. What might
the best insulation be? I've considered Jablite, compressed rockwool
(expensive), glassfibre... that would be OK for heat, but what about
sound? Would puting plasterboard on the inside walls be helpful? The
finish inside is to be T&G matching, so I need to be able to affix
this easily to (whatever). Any helpful ideas will be much appreciated!

Apologies, I asked this question on behalf of another, who I thought
wasn't going to ask himself, IYSWIM. The thread entitled "Any advice
for insulating garden building?" should supercede this one.

Sorry again for any confusion.