Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Red

Default Mixer shower only works sometimes

I have a mixer shower that I installed about a year ago. Worked great until
about 2 weeks ago, when all of a sudden i could get no hot water from it.
cold yes, hot no. The weird thing is that every now and again it seems to
work. It never works in the mornings (the time thatyou want a shower!).
But the later you try in the day, the better your chance of a hot shower.
(when it doesnt work, there *is* hot water in the system.)

The fact that it worked for a year, and now works sometimes indicates to me
that the is no problem with the hot feed, or a blockage.

As a side note, another strange thing that i've noticed is that turned off
the central heating on the timing unit. But every now and again some of the
radiators where red hot. I'd guess that either my house is haunted, or the
timers knackered.

Any ideas on either of these, or could they be related?

Many thanks in advance.

Red.

Gravity fed Shower mixer ; cold from mains, hot from cylinder tank Ghazali UK diy 5 February 16th 04 12:22 PM
Mira 415 shower mixer unit or any Mira shower mixer unit Mr Blue Skye UK diy 7 January 19th 04 08:36 PM
Shower Mixer Aiden UK diy 4 September 20th 03 09:35 PM
Advice on which shower mixer? Lee Blaver UK diy 7 July 6th 03 12:39 PM