Lurch

Default nailing a downpipe bracket to the wall

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 23:01:27 GMT, "j west +++"
strung together this:

something i
could bang in with a hammer.

Er, troll surely?
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
G&M

"j west +++" wrote in message
hi, can someone advise a novice on how best to attach the plastic

brackets
for a plastic down pipe (carrying water from the bath) to the wall

outside.
The wall is rendered in pebble dash. i know i could drill and put in a
rawplug, but is there an easier way like some sort of nail or something i
could bang in with a hammer.

Nail it and the pebbledash will probably fall off. Use a proper drill.

j west +++

hi, can someone advise a novice on how best to attach the plastic brackets
for a plastic down pipe (carrying water from the bath) to the wall outside.
The wall is rendered in pebble dash. i know i could drill and put in a
rawplug, but is there an easier way like some sort of nail or something i
could bang in with a hammer.

thanking you for any help. john west

John Rumm

j west +++ wrote:

hi, can someone advise a novice on how best to attach the plastic brackets
for a plastic down pipe (carrying water from the bath) to the wall outside.
The wall is rendered in pebble dash. i know i could drill and put in a
rawplug, but is there an easier way like some sort of nail or something i
could bang in with a hammer.

You will probably find the drill and plug solution is the "easy way".
Nailing into pebbledash is no easy. You would need a decent masonary
nail (Obo is a comon brand), but even then you may find the head is too
small and pulls through the hole in the clip.

--
Cheers,

John.

Dave Stanton

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 23:24:35 +0100, Lurch wrote:

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 23:01:27 GMT, "j west +++"
strung together this:

something i
could bang in with a hammer.

Er, troll surely?

Well I went to a job on Fri where the customer asked me to put a kitchen
light back up which the previous ' lecky' had NAILED to the plasterboard
ceiling instead of using plasterboard fixings AND had not earthed the
metal fitting !!!.

Dave

Lurch

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 07:24:14 +0100, Dave Stanton
strung together this:

Well I went to a job on Fri where the customer asked me to put a kitchen
light back up which the previous ' lecky' had NAILED to the plasterboard
ceiling instead of using plasterboard fixings AND had not earthed the
metal fitting !!!.

Sounds like my Sisters new place, if it can't be fixed with silicone
and\or nails it's left dangling. (Obviously by the previous owners,
not the new stuff I'm putting in!)
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Lobster

Lurch wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 23:01:27 GMT, "j west +++"
strung together this:

something i
could bang in with a hammer.

Er, troll surely?

Nah, highly unlikely. You never had the pleasure(?!) of watching
someone trying to insert screws using a hammer?

David
Lurch

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 17:34:26 GMT, Rick Dipper
strung together this:

He has 2 tools
"screw driver" - looks like a hammer and a "screw twister"

As a pro once said to me, "the slots are there for if you need to get
the screw out again"!
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
N. Thornton

John Rumm wrote in message ...
j west +++ wrote:

hi, can someone advise a novice on how best to attach the plastic brackets
for a plastic down pipe (carrying water from the bath) to the wall outside.
The wall is rendered in pebble dash. i know i could drill and put in a
rawplug, but is there an easier way like some sort of nail or something i
could bang in with a hammer.

You will probably find the drill and plug solution is the "easy way".
Nailing into pebbledash is no easy. You would need a decent masonary
nail (Obo is a comon brand), but even then you may find the head is too
small and pulls through the hole in the clip.

use a masonry drill bit - sounds like the OP may not know.

Regards, NT
Owain

"Lurch" wrote
| Sounds like my Sisters new place, if it can't be fixed with
| silicone and\or nails it's left dangling.

alt.implants-and-extreme-piercings is thataway --- :-)

Owain

Rick Dipper

wrote:

hi, can someone advise a novice on how best to attach the plastic brackets
for a plastic down pipe (carrying water from the bath) to the wall outside.
The wall is rendered in pebble dash. i know i could drill and put in a
rawplug, but is there an easier way like some sort of nail or something i
could bang in with a hammer.

thanking you for any help. john west

Pritt Stick ......Easier to use than a nail, and will probably hold
just as well.

You can drill, insert raw plug, and the nail into the raw plug if you
can't use a screw driver.

Rick

N. Thornton

"j west +++" wrote in message ...
hi, can someone advise a novice on how best to attach the plastic brackets
for a plastic down pipe (carrying water from the bath) to the wall outside.
The wall is rendered in pebble dash. i know i could drill and put in a
rawplug, but is there an easier way like some sort of nail or something i
could bang in with a hammer.

thanking you for any help. john west

Why not nail the downpipe to the wall at the top, and to the front
door at the bottom. Now your step will be automaticaly washed every
time it rains - but here's the good bit - when you open the door to
step out, the water is automatically diverted elsewhere! Neat huh.

Regards, NT

Building a retaining wall next to house wall. Adam UK diy 3 May 24th 04 04:19 PM
(Sort of) sleeper wall problem: any ideas? rrh UK diy 5 May 12th 04 12:54 PM
plastering Jon W UK diy 12 March 8th 04 11:13 PM
"Damp" internal wall - initial measurements made. Any ideas? Clive Long,UK UK diy 5 January 30th 04 09:28 AM