Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
LetterBee

Default Decking

Wifey has just bought a 10foot circular paddling.swimming pool. Its 36
inches deep but gets filled to 30inches. As you can imagine, thats a lot of
water.
The problem is we have decking attached to the back of the house and she
wants this pool at the bottom of the garden but placed on an 11foot square
deck, so it looks like the old decking.
The decking she wants is over grass so I'm presuming that the four corner
posts would be bedded in concrete, however I am concerned over the sheer
weight of the water.
I suppose I could place the four corner posts and put an extra one down each
length (three in all on each side) and one in the center to help support it
but even with that I am still concerned that it wont be strong enough.
Looking in BleedinQueue (B&Q) their decking framework are 4"*2", would this
be strong enough for a support?
I could just place the decking on the floor but wifey wants it raised
slightly, only by a couple of inches but raised anyway.
Any ideas, thoughts, good divorce solictors or one way tickets to Oz?

pulling up decking Dundonald UK diy 21 March 7th 05 09:48 AM
Flat Roof Decking Material cisco kid UK diy 6 January 7th 05 06:53 PM
Anyone want some heart pine roof decking? woodyq Woodworking 1 March 29th 04 11:25 PM
Composite decking: Trex or WeatherBest? Dave K. Home Repair 3 February 18th 04 03:12 AM
Invisible decking clips timegoesby UK diy 0 July 31st 03 09:40 AM