Set Square

Default What holds a bath in place?

Just bought a bathroom suite with steel bath from Focus in order to create a
downstairs bathroom for 95-year-old F-I-L who has moved in with us.

The bath has snap-on brackets with adjustable feet. The instructions say it
must be fixed using bath constraints (not supplied!).

Can anyone throw any light on what this means? Is there a standard device
which I can buy, or do I need to invent something to stop the bath going
walk-about?
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Dave Jones

"Set Square" wrote in message
Just bought a bathroom suite with steel bath from Focus in order to create
downstairs bathroom for 95-year-old F-I-L who has moved in with us.

The bath has snap-on brackets with adjustable feet. The instructions say
it
must be fixed using bath constraints (not supplied!).

Can anyone throw any light on what this means? Is there a standard device
which I can buy, or do I need to invent something to stop the bath going
walk-about?
--
Cheers,
Set Square
______

Fill half Full and Use a full tube of silicone around the sides (adjoining
the wall!) and let set for 24hr

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Set Square" writes:
Just bought a bathroom suite with steel bath from Focus in order to create a
downstairs bathroom for 95-year-old F-I-L who has moved in with us.

The bath has snap-on brackets with adjustable feet. The instructions say it
must be fixed using bath constraints (not supplied!).

Can anyone throw any light on what this means? Is there a standard device
which I can buy, or do I need to invent something to stop the bath going
walk-about?

I've seen some brackets in a bathroom shop which screwed to the wall,
and then had a clamp mechanism which caught the edge of the bath and
held it tight against the wall. I asked about them and the shop claimed
the only came with that bath (which wasn't the bath I was buying).
So I made some more crude ones using a small L shaped bracket, with one
of the limbs bent right round so the bracket was the shape of a question
mark. Screwed them to the wall with the top of the question mark gripping
the rim of the bath and pressing it to the wall, with the screw going
through the hole between the body of the question mark and the dot, if
you see what I mean;-) I also siliconed the bath to the wall, having
previously found dry rot in a similar situation where water had been
leaking through the gap. The silicone is probably holding it in place
more securely than the brackets -- just hope I never need to take it
out.

--
Andrew Gabriel
tarquinlinbin

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:35:55 +0100, "Set Square"
wrote:

Just bought a bathroom suite with steel bath from Focus in order to create a
downstairs bathroom for 95-year-old F-I-L who has moved in with us.

The bath has snap-on brackets with adjustable feet. The instructions say it
must be fixed using bath constraints (not supplied!).

Can anyone throw any light on what this means? Is there a standard device
which I can buy, or do I need to invent something to stop the bath going
walk-about?

Sometimes wall brackets are supplied. If not then where the length of
the bath meets the wall,fasten a wooden batten on the wall so that the
underside of the lip of the bath will rest firmly on the batten. You
can then screw home made clamps,or offcuts of wood onto the batten to
clamp the bath to it.
mike

Set Square wrote:
Just bought a bathroom suite with steel bath The instructions say it
must be fixed using bath constraints (not supplied!).

Can anyone throw any light on what this means? Is there a standard device
which I can buy, or do I need to invent something to stop the bath going
walk-about?

I have just done the same, And found that the manufacturer recommends
clamping to the wall if the bath is adjacent to a wall. They make
brackest as optional extras. I looked at the picture of their bracket
and bent up a similar one form an old venitioan blind bracket. Note the
steel bath took the brackets directly. The plastic one I fitted before
had to have a piece of timber to support the egdes as well as brackets
(supplied).

http://www.kaldewei.com/downloads/ia...nker_de_en.pdf

Mike

Set Square

mike wrote:

Set Square wrote:
Just bought a bathroom suite with steel bath The instructions say it
must be fixed using bath constraints (not supplied!).

Can anyone throw any light on what this means? Is there a standard
device which I can buy, or do I need to invent something to stop the
bath going walk-about?

I have just done the same, And found that the manufacturer recommends
clamping to the wall if the bath is adjacent to a wall. They make
brackest as optional extras. I looked at the picture of their bracket
and bent up a similar one form an old venitioan blind bracket. Note
the steel bath took the brackets directly. The plastic one I fitted
before had to have a piece of timber to support the egdes as well as
brackets (supplied).

http://www.kaldewei.com/downloads/ia...nker_de_en.pdf

Mike

Brilliant! Many thanks.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Drain for bath through tiled floor BigWallop UK diy 1 September 5th 03 07:13 PM
cast iron bath wanted jacob UK diy 2 August 8th 03 01:38 PM
Leaking bath seal SadKate*** UK diy 6 August 7th 03 11:33 AM
'L' shaped bath anybody? BigWallop UK diy 6 July 27th 03 10:04 PM
Overflow on new bath leaking BigWallop UK diy 4 July 25th 03 02:56 PM