john Smith

Default Which bathroom lock size?

Hello,

I'm wanting a bathroom lock from toolstation.com

they sell them as either 64mm or 76mm.

Is that the depth of the lock.

How do I know which one I want as the lock I am replacing is 70mm !!!!

is it something to do with the postion of the holes from the edge of the
door.

in which case this is 54mm to the centre of the holes.

Any help, as always, would be truly appreciated

Lobster

john Smith wrote:
I'm wanting a bathroom lock from toolstation.com

they sell them as either 64mm or 76mm.

Is that the depth of the lock.

How do I know which one I want as the lock I am replacing is 70mm
!!!!

is it something to do with the postion of the holes from the edge of
the door.

in which case this is 54mm to the centre of the holes.

If you're trying to replace an existing mortise lock with a
like-for-like equivalent (as you are), I wouldn't bother with looking
for it on-line. I've tried this before and failed - not only is there
the position of the door-handle hole to contend with, but all the other
dimensions - width/depth/length/thickness - all of which vary in
different locks. I think there have been attempts to standardise sizes,
but in the real world there are loads of them.

David
Paul A Prescott

As the other poster said, forget online. Forget B&Q, remove your lock
and take it to a good locksmith - if it's available he should be able
to supply it.

Paul
www.antique-locks.com