DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How much does a 'standard' paving slab weigh? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/9550-how-much-does-standard-paving-slab-weigh.html)

Turboweasel June 11th 16 02:44 AM

How much does a 'standard' paving slab weigh?

replying to Geo, Turboweasel wrote:
I saw the date, thought id post for fun :)

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...igh-87701-.htm

[email protected] June 11th 16 03:24 PM

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...up_access_tips

Vir Campestris June 12th 16 09:01 PM

On 11/06/2016 02:44, Turboweasel wrote:
replying to Geo, Turboweasel wrote:
I saw the date, thought id post for fun :)

There are several hundred messages _a day_ on this newsgroup.

Andy

Mark Gunn October 15th 20 08:09 PM

How much does a 'standard' paving slab weigh?

On Monday, June 21, 2004 at 4:33:29 PM UTC+2, wrote:
How much does a 'standard' 600mm x 900mm paving slab weigh
(approximately)? I want to know so I can guesstimate how many I can
put in the back of my car.
--
Chris Green

Hire a trailer.

alan_m October 15th 20 08:44 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRA_fUpCxWA

Chris Green October 15th 20 08:53 PM

Mark Gunn wrote:
On Monday, June 21, 2004 at 4:33:29 PM UTC+2, wrote:
How much does a 'standard' 600mm x 900mm paving slab weigh
(approximately)? I want to know so I can guesstimate how many I can
put in the back of my car.
--
Chris Green

Hire a trailer.

I *have* a trailer, and have had it for many years, however it was
after I asked the question - back in 2004!

--
Chris Green
·

Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) October 16th 20 11:30 AM

How much does a 'standard' paving slab weigh?

Why not get them delivered?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

bert[_7_] October 16th 20 12:48 PM

How much does a 'standard' paving slab weigh?

In article , Chris Green
writes
Mark Gunn wrote:
On Monday, June 21, 2004 at 4:33:29 PM UTC+2, wrote:
How much does a 'standard' 600mm x 900mm paving slab weigh
(approximately)? I want to know so I can guesstimate how many I can
put in the back of my car.
--
Chris Green

Hire a trailer.

I *have* a trailer, and have had it for many years, however it was
after I asked the question - back in 2004!

But the answers are just as stupid.
--
bert

Andrew[_22_] October 16th 20 09:07 PM

How much does a 'standard' paving slab weigh?

I have one 3 foot by 2 foot by 2 inch thick slab that the neighbour
didn't want. I can barely lift it, I can only move it by 'walking'
it from corner to corner if I have to move it (propped up
against a wall).
That size is bloody heavy. Forget carrying them in a domestic
car.

Andrew

On 16/10/2020 11:30, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Why not get them delivered?
Brian

Jeff Layman[_2_] October 17th 20 08:13 AM

On 16/10/2020 21:07, Andrew wrote:
I have one 3 foot by 2 foot by 2 inch thick slab that the neighbour
didn't want. I can barely lift it, I can only move it by 'walking'
it from corner to corner if I have to move it (propped up
against a wall).
That size is bloody heavy. Forget carrying them in a domestic
car.

I had to remove about a half-a dozen paving slabs of that size prior to
a new patio being laid. As you note, they had to be "walked" to move
them. I found the main problem was once they started to moved it was
almost impossible to stop them! In the end, as I didn't want them, after
moving the first couple I just broke them up into easily transportable
bits to take them to the tip.

A rough calculation shows each slab weighs about 65 kg.

--

Jeff