Richard

Default Draper laser levels

Lawson has the Draper 64089 tripod mounted laser level for £23.00. I'm
just about to order a Makita HR2450X from them when my eye (!) was
caught by the laser level.

Verdict? Waste of space even at that price or worth buying? Tiling of
kitchen looms in a month or so.

TIA

Richard

--
Real email address is RJSavage at BIGFOOT dot COM

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by

http://www.diyprojects.info
Dave Liquorice

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 23:24:29 +0000, Richard wrote:

Lawson has the Draper 64089 tripod mounted laser level for =A323.00. =

snip
Verdict? Waste of space even at that price or worth buying?

Check your local sheds, you may find similar for less then =A320...

Don't expect super accuracy or robust construction but if you take a
time and care in setting up you can get good results. Putting a
"horizontal" line around room that doesn't end up as spiral is
wonderful. Maybe useful for a base line for the tiles? Verticals are
easier compared to a plumb line, especially if the wall is not flat
and/or vertical.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Andy Dingley

It was somewhere outside Barstow when Richard
wrote:

Verdict? Waste of space even at that price or worth buying? Tiling of
kitchen looms in a month or so.

I was tiling recently, using a Screwfix twin line generator rather
than a single line rotating head. For £50, I'd go with the twin line
again.

Review posted here in
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/uk.d-i-y/browse_thread/thread/68596a8f9ca0ee73/55e037ec45f0e450?q=group:uk.d-i-y+insubject:laser+insubject:level+author:dingbat@c odesmiths.com#55e037ec45f0e450

Richard

wrote:

Verdict? Waste of space even at that price or worth buying? Tiling of
kitchen looms in a month or so.

I was tiling recently, using a Screwfix twin line generator rather
than a single line rotating head. For £50, I'd go with the twin line
again.

Review posted here in
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/uk.d-i-y/browse_thread/thread/68596a8f9ca0ee73/55e037ec45f0e450?q=group:uk.d-i-y+insubject:laser+insubject:level+author:dingbat@c odesmiths.com#55e037ec45f0e450

Lovely!

Thanks. Glad that you effectively confirmed that the Draper unit is not
worth buying.

Rgds Richard

--
Real email address is RJSavage at BIGFOOT dot COM

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by

http://www.diyprojects.info
Andy Dingley

wrote:

Thanks. Glad that you effectively confirmed that the Draper unit is not
worth buying.

I wouldn't go that far. But the twin beams are worth having, even if
you lose the all-around sweep of a rotary.

Richard

Andy Dingley wrote:

I wouldn't go that far. But the twin beams are worth having, even if
you lose the all-around sweep of a rotary.

Sorry, didn't mean to 'upgrade' your observations! I was paraphrasing
carelessly.

The Draper seems to be a spot generator and I was going to 'impulse' buy
it along with the Makita from Lawson. I don't need it yet so a pause
for thought and research is sensible.

TTFN

Richard

Laser levels Dan Hartung Home Repair 17 December 23rd 04 04:16 AM
Screwfix laser levels - any good? Dave UK diy 21 September 5th 04 10:51 PM
Laser level??? Sorta........ Tom Metalworking 9 December 30th 03 10:19 AM
laser levels in2minds UK diy 10 August 22nd 03 07:50 PM
JDS Uniphase SLM uGreen 532 nm DPSS Laser problems Sam Goldwasser Electronics Repair 0 July 15th 03 03:50 PM