Howard

Default Chasing pipes

I want to chase a 15mm cold pipe that feeds my shower into my bathrom wall,
at the moment it runs down the wall surface to the shower and gets alot of
condensation on it, will it suffer from condensation when I bury it into the
wall? if yes how do I stop it?

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Howard" writes:
I want to chase a 15mm cold pipe that feeds my shower into my bathrom wall,
at the moment it runs down the wall surface to the shower and gets alot of
condensation on it, will it suffer from condensation when I bury it into the
wall? if yes how do I stop it?

Probably not, providing the inside of the wall isn't wet.
When I did this, I sleeved the 15mm copper in 20mm PVC
electrical conduit, to allow the copper to expand without
cracking the plaster, and to keep the plaster off it.
If you have a proper pipe bender, you can bend this
combination on the 22mm former, e.g. to bring it out from
the wall under the bath edge in my case.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Noisy pipes JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk Home Repair 2 February 3rd 05 12:06 AM
Replacing old pipes pmr Home Repair 9 December 9th 04 10:24 PM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
Freezing Pipes or Pipes frozen could the Instant Hot Water Recirculator from RedyTemp work [email protected] Home Repair 1 January 11th 04 12:18 PM
Water Pipes PoP UK diy 6 December 17th 03 02:50 PM