Junior Member

Post Laying French Pine Flooring

I bought some French Pine real wood flooring from B&Q. I want to lay in my lounge which has a concrete subfloor. The boards are really meant to be constructed onto a wooden frame but I know people sometimes nail them straight into the concrete so I plan to do this. We have a good quality waterproof underlay but there is a section missing where we ripped out a hearth so I guess I will need to replace it. I was thinking of getting a polythene sheet I saw in a carpet shop which is for laminate/wood flooring just to protect the wood. Does anyone have any advice on underlay? Is it necessary to have underlay as well? I'm also interested to read that people have glued their boards together rather than nailing them into the concrete. Is this advisable?
Many thanks
Francesca

Last edited by newtothis : March 7th 05 at 04:52 PM