Nigel Heather

Default Capping 10mm Pipe

I need to cap some 10mm microbore pipe after permanently removing a
radiator. Ideally, I'd like some solder ring caps but I would also consider
compression fittings if they are not too long and bulky.

Trouble is I can't find any - started off with the usuals, B&Q, Homebase
Focus and then tried a couple of good local plumber's merchants.

I have seen some online but I would have to but 50 and I only want two.

Are these things generally difficult to find?

If so, why, is it because alternative methods are used such as crimp and
solder?

Cheers,

Nigel

Old Bill

Nigel Heather wrote:
I need to cap some 10mm microbore pipe after permanently removing a
radiator. Ideally, I'd like some solder ring caps but I would also consider
compression fittings if they are not too long and bulky.

Trouble is I can't find any - started off with the usuals, B&Q, Homebase
Focus and then tried a couple of good local plumber's merchants.

I have seen some online but I would have to but 50 and I only want two.

Are these things generally difficult to find?

If so, why, is it because alternative methods are used such as crimp and
solder?

Cheers,

Nigel

I've seen and bought 'em in the largest B&Qs
maybe its just in the areas like mine where there seems to be a lot of
microbore fitted..
Paul King

Nigel Heather wrote:

or these - 49p each - but they're ugly IMHO

Cicero

"Nigel Heather" wrote in message
I need to cap some 10mm microbore pipe after permanently removing a
radiator. Ideally, I'd like some solder ring caps but I would also

consider
compression fittings if they are not too long and bulky.

Trouble is I can't find any - started off with the usuals, B&Q, Homebase
Focus and then tried a couple of good local plumber's merchants.

I have seen some online but I would have to but 50 and I only want two.

Are these things generally difficult to find?

If so, why, is it because alternative methods are used such as crimp and
solder?

Cheers,

Nigel

Look here and scroll down: