Junior Member

Default Radiator

Hope you can help. We want to completely remove a radiator and fit on another wall in the room. Whilst doing that the old pipes feeding the old radiator could be used to put a radiator into the conservatory. Obviously they need to be cut down and then a new attachment pipe fitted to go through the wall in to the cons. Wondered how this was done and would the whole system need to be drained.

Many thanks
Rick

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:59:38 +0000, Trish
wrote:

Hope you can help. We want to completely remove a radiator and fit on
another wall in the room. Whilst doing that the old pipes feeding the
old radiator could be used to put a radiator into the conservatory.
Obviously they need to be cut down and then a new attachment pipe
fitted to go through the wall in to the cons. Wondered how this was
done and would the whole system need to be drained.

Many thanks

You can do it without draining down, you can freeze the pipes, but you
have to be very carefull to follow the instructions on the freezer
kit, and it lasts 10-15 minuites, and its 5-10 quid to freeze 1 pipe.

I'd do all the new work, get the new ends neer where you need to
connect, then drain down, connect & test.

Rick