Default Shower Trays

I currently have a 800x800 shower tray in an alcove which is bigger,
and it has been installed with tiles bridging the gap that = crap seal;
and a sod to keep clean!

The alcove is 895 wide (wall-to-wall - e.g. with tiles removed).

Ideally, I want a 900 wide shower tray. But the only "decent" one I've
found is 900 wide "inside" and 920 wide "outside".

I'm happy to dig out 20mm out of the walls to get it in - but obviously
need to see internal dimensions to ensure it is possible.

But before I plan in detaul - any better ideas!?

Thanks David - the old tray will be coming out. Its 15 years old and
came with the house and is manky as pie. Basically room is being
gutted.

Building a fake wall is an option I had not considered....

The tray I had in mind is
http://www.coram.co.uk/prod_sltr/sho...nge/alcove.htm (900x760)
- but as you say the dimensions to not match up with the *actual*
dimensions.

Thanks!

Grunff

The tray I had in mind is
http://www.coram.co.uk/prod_sltr/sho...nge/alcove.htm (900x760)
- but as you say the dimensions to not match up with the *actual*
dimensions.

You can definitely get 900mm trays - I bought one about a year ago. It
came from one of our local builders merchants. It's meant to be 900x700,
and is pretty much exactly that.

One tip - get a tray with tiling upstands. This makes the whole sealing
process much easier.

--
Grunff

Lobster

Grunff wrote:
wrote:

The tray I had in mind is
http://www.coram.co.uk/prod_sltr/sho...nge/alcove.htm (900x760)
- but as you say the dimensions to not match up with the *actual*
dimensions.

You can definitely get 900mm trays - I bought one about a year ago. It
came from one of our local builders merchants. It's meant to be 900x700,
and is pretty much exactly that.

One tip - get a tray with tiling upstands. This makes the whole sealing
process much easier.

I've just been browsing on the site the OP provided, and found more
details of the tray concerned:

http://www.coram.co.uk/prod_sltr/sho...ertrays_fs.htm

This looks quite impressive; I've never seen a stone resin tray with
built-in adjustable feet before. I thought you always had to bugger
around with embedding them in mortar and plinths to spread the load etc
- that's how I fitted mine and it took *ages*: and I see the mfr claims
these things can be fitted by one guy in 20 minutes! Wow.

Is this a gimick or for real - what's the quality of these trays like?
(I note they do have Grunff's upstands, which I'd agree is a very
valuable feature. Ryan, do you know what they cost?

David

yep! Tiling upstands is top of the list

I have no dealings with this supplier (yet) - but I am looking at them
for (possible) supply of toilets/sinks/shower/ and shower tray.

This shower tray is http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/55-1971 - and the price
(inc VAT) is Coram Alcove Shower Tray 900 x 760 3 Upstands / 1 Panel
=A3119.77

Glad you sound impressed with the spec!

As Grunff says, if 900mm trays are available with an external size of
900mm, then this may well be a route to go. However, it depends on how
nicely this can be tiled over. (e.g. a 900mm tray in an 895 gap, *may*
mean the tiles from the wall have to slope inward to get over the tile
upstand (if tile upstand 2.5mm wide) . Whereas a 920mm tray in a 895
gap may mean that the tile upstands are 10mm behind the wall, but teh
tiles will sit flush.

Need to get better dimensions and have asked the supplier for some....

shower trays jacob UK diy 0 February 15th 05 10:20 AM
Has anyone else had problems with B&Q shower trays? Dave UK diy 2 January 10th 05 05:18 PM
Quadrant Shower trays Pogivore UK diy 0 December 31st 04 06:43 PM
resin shower trays that keep cracking David McMillan UK diy 4 September 1st 04 11:10 AM
Shower screen grumble... David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 September 5th 03 05:49 PM