Robert Youdell

Default TRV Radiator Valves

How can I free off a valve that has stuck in the closed position. With the
current weather we are getting rather cold!

Uno Hoo!

"Robert Youdell" wrote in message
How can I free off a valve that has stuck in the closed position. With the
current weather we are getting rather cold!

With mine you remove the 'capsule' from off the valve and you can then see a
'pin' sticking out of the end of the valve. You grasp the end of the pin
with a pair of pliers and work it in and out a few times. That works for my
valves!

Kev

Senior Member

Don't pull pin right out by mistake.

Take the plastic dial off to expose the bare metal. Tap it on the side with a spanner or something until you hear the water rushing through it.