Gel

Default When not to do DIY

If using a decent felt with modified bitumen, no problem.
However normal cheap felt is brittle at today'slow temperatures, and if
using cold bitumen adhesive that'll be slow to cure.

bof

In message , Huge
writes
There are two blokes reroofing my shed as I type this.

In the blowing snow.....

Yep, I had to re-roof the shed a few years ago in wind and sleet, wasn't
at all pleasant.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk
Kevin Brady

It never seems a job worth doing in the summer does it?

--
KEVIN BRADY, Oxford
_____________________
"bof" wrote in message ...
In message , Huge
writes
There are two blokes reroofing my shed as I type this.

In the blowing snow.....

Yep, I had to re-roof the shed a few years ago in wind and sleet, wasn't
at all pleasant.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk
Al Reynolds

"Huge" wrote in message
"Kevin Brady" writes:

Please don't. Usenet is a plain text medium.

This is one really good thing if you have blueyonder...
the news-text.blueyonder.co.uk server automatically
removes all non-text posts.

Al

brugnospamsia

"Huge" wrote in message
"Al Reynolds" writes:

"Huge" wrote in message
"Kevin Brady" writes:

Please don't. Usenet is a plain text medium.

This is one really good thing if you have blueyonder...
the news-text.blueyonder.co.uk server automatically
removes all non-text posts.

Deep joy.

it didn't for me - I saw it !

bof

In message , Kevin Brady
writes
It never seems a job worth doing in the summer does it?

snip bottom post on fixing shed roofs

It was the winter bad weather that blew most of the roof off and meant
it needed recovering ASAP to stop the contents being drowned.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk
bof

In message , Huge
writes

"bof" wrote in message =
In message , Huge =
=20
writes
There are two blokes reroofing my shed as I type this.

In the blowing snow.....

Yep, I had to re-roof the shed a few years ago in wind and sleet, =
wasn't=20
at all pleasant.

Oh, it only blew off last week. I haven't got time to do it, which is why
I "got a man in". The fact it's snowing only adds to my pleasure.

I hope you offered the chaps a nice hot mug of tea.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

brugnospamsia wrote:

the news-text.blueyonder.co.uk server automatically
removes all non-text posts.

it didn't for me - I saw it !

"news-text.blueyonder.co.uk" here too and it came through perfectly.

Personally I can't see a problem, though it did make me do a double take
to check the alternate font etc.

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

Huge wrote:

Good Lord - you allow other people to specify how you read news? How odd.

I just don't get all up-tight about something that doesnt worry me.
I can read it with ease so what's the problem.

It's the toss-pots that don't know how to snip text that bug me.
I just don't read their posts.

Perhaps you could try it.

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)
brugnospamsia

"Huge" wrote in message
"Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk" writes:
brugnospamsia wrote:

the news-text.blueyonder.co.uk server automatically
removes all non-text posts.

it didn't for me - I saw it !

"news-text.blueyonder.co.uk" here too and it came through perfectly.

Personally I can't see a problem, though it did make me do a double take
to check the alternate font etc.

Good Lord - you allow other people to specify how you read news? How odd.

some of us quite like the odd bit of variation in our daily lives :-)

(ducks for cover)

:-) :-)

(oops ... two more emoticons )

raden

In message , Huge
writes
There are two blokes reroofing my shed as I type this.

In the blowing snow.....

So ???

I had a job for a while putting up pre-fab concrete garages (possible
dream job for Si). Welsh hillsides in February were really fun times.
--
geoff

Hmm, the chaps who installed my dbl glazing could drink some tea !

Still, 7 windows installed in half a day by a 4 man team was pretty
impressive work.

Hope they stay in for the warranty period !

Cheers,

Paul.