Default hot water problems

this morning my hot water supply mysteriously fell to a dribble from
all taps, cold water still flows, the central heating seems to work,
the hot water tank gets very hot, but when I switch on the hot tap it
runs for about thirty seconds then slows to a dribble, left for about
ten minutes the same thing happens again, any answers please

simon beer

wrote in message
oups.com...
this morning my hot water supply mysteriously fell to a dribble from
all taps, cold water still flows, the central heating seems to work,
the hot water tank gets very hot, but when I switch on the hot tap it
runs for about thirty seconds then slows to a dribble, left for about
ten minutes the same thing happens again, any answers please

something blocking or restricting the outlet from the cold tank in the loft.
As this fills the hot tank, if it not flowing then you won't get any hot
water out. Been mighty cold of late, any chance that it's starting to freeze
up?

Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 28th 03 11:59 PM