enquirer

Default CAD Software

Am looking for cheap but high end CAD software. Any suggestions. I would
like to do things like input dimensions and result = drawing of stair kite.

--
Many Thanks

Enquirer

Tim S

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 21:13:45 +0000, enquirer wrote:

Am looking for cheap but high end CAD software. Any suggestions. I would
like to do things like input dimensions and result = drawing of stair kite.

www.cycas.de

There is a free community version that might be able to do enough for what
you want.

Does 3D, is deeply obscure to get the hang of (read the manual) but then
so is all the CAD software I ever used.

It does allow absolute coordinates to be entered, and relative from any
point.

Printing is accurate to scale. Does quite nice raytracing if you have
Povray installed too (free).

HTH

Tim
John Rumm

enquirer wrote:

Am looking for cheap but high end CAD software. Any suggestions. I would
like to do things like input dimensions and result = drawing of stair kite.

There is/was a free version of TurboCAD available from their web site...
a couple of issues out of date (V7 IIRC) but fully functional.

--
Cheers,

John.

Charles Fearnley

"John Rumm" wrote in message
enquirer wrote:

Am looking for cheap but high end CAD software. Any suggestions. I

would
like to do things like input dimensions and result = drawing of stair

kite.

There is/was a free version of TurboCAD available from their web site...
a couple of issues out of date (V7 IIRC) but fully functional.

--
Cheers,

John.

I'll second this one - have had various versions of TurboCad, and used it
for everything from room layouts to PCBs to letterheadings. I'm still on
version 7, so if this is now free(ish) go for that. I think I've seen it on
magazine discs too.

Be warned that ALL Cad software has a steep learning curve, but I think that
Turbocad sits nicely in the middle of "easy but basic", and "does everything
but bloody hard" (AutoCad?)

Charles F