Default how to control my central heating by phone?

I would love to find a way of phoning (or texting) home and switching
my central heating on/off.

I've previously posted here about this, but unfortunately none of the
suggestions worked out. The Comfort alarm system is hugely
sophisticated and expensive, much more than I need. I don't want to
switch lights on, run a cctv system or any of the other things it
offers. Similarly for the Infinite-Wireless kit.

I was unable to find a suitable Velleman kit, and none of the products
from Lets Automate seemed suitable. (These were the other two
suggestions).

Should I just conclude that there isn't anything out there yet?

It's very frustrating!

Many thanks!

Jeff

wrote in message
oups.com...
I would love to find a way of phoning (or texting) home and switching
my central heating on/off.

I've previously posted here about this, but unfortunately none of the
suggestions worked out. The Comfort alarm system is hugely
sophisticated and expensive, much more than I need. I don't want to
switch lights on, run a cctv system or any of the other things it
offers. Similarly for the Infinite-Wireless kit.

I was unable to find a suitable Velleman kit, and none of the products
from Lets Automate seemed suitable. (These were the other two
suggestions).

Should I just conclude that there isn't anything out there yet?

It's very frustrating!

Many thanks!

Here you go, a quick google found this :-

http://www.broadcast.co.uk/product_i...products_id/63

Regards Jeff

Si Ballenger

On 17 Feb 2005 15:27:53 -0800, "
wrote:

I would love to find a way of phoning (or texting) home and switching
my central heating on/off.

I've previously posted here about this, but unfortunately none of the
suggestions worked out. The Comfort alarm system is hugely
sophisticated and expensive, much more than I need. I don't want to
switch lights on, run a cctv system or any of the other things it
offers. Similarly for the Infinite-Wireless kit.

I was unable to find a suitable Velleman kit, and none of the products
from Lets Automate seemed suitable. (These were the other two
suggestions).

Should I just conclude that there isn't anything out there yet?

It's very frustrating!

Many thanks!

Pretty easy, get the touchtone controller and the thermostat
controller at the below x10 link for $70.

http://www.x10.com/automation/tr16a_s.html

No Spam

(Si Ballenger) wrote:

Pretty easy, get the touchtone controller and the thermostat
controller at the below x10 link for $70.

http://www.x10.com/automation/tr16a_s.html

My advice is go elsewhere - x10.com is one of the biggest spammers on
the internet.

Hugo Nebula

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 00:41:04 +0000, a particular chimpanzee named The
Natural Philosopher randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Ther rest, as they say, is software...Nothing a few weeks with a c
compiler won't sort.

If you get a fixed IP address you don't benee teh modem. Set up a web
server online at haome and controlk your whole house from patagonia.

Not being familiar with c complier IMBW, but would it not be essential
to type in the correct language? You seem to be typing here in a
different one to English; "benee teh modem"? Or maybe this is what c
complier looks like;-).
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"
Rob Morley

In article , "Hugo
Nebula" abuse@localhost says...
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 00:41:04 +0000, a particular chimpanzee named The
Natural Philosopher randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Ther rest, as they say, is software...Nothing a few weeks with a c
compiler won't sort.

If you get a fixed IP address you don't benee teh modem. Set up a web
server online at haome and controlk your whole house from patagonia.

Not being familiar with c complier IMBW, but would it not be essential
to type in the correct language? You seem to be typing here in a
different one to English; "benee teh modem"? Or maybe this is what c
complier looks like;-).

c (source,code){
looks(like) && this();
}