Default wtf?

A search for 'metal lath' at BnQ gae some bizarre results...

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/search...&1108239400310

1 match in power tools
15 matches in curtain poles and blinds
and 13 matches in paint and varnish!!

What is with these people?

NT

diy

wrote in
oups.com:

A search for 'metal lath' at BnQ gae some bizarre results...

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/search...G2HEM1TX0LXCCR
GAWDCFFQKEYCYOIV0&1108239400310

1 match in power tools
15 matches in curtain poles and blinds
and 13 matches in paint and varnish!!

What is with these people?

Is it them, or are you not using the search engine properly? I suspect it
is finding metal OR lath, and not metal AND lath or "metal lath".

I have no idea what a "lath" is, but searching for just lath turns up one
result, for a lathe. :-)
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
wrote:
A search for 'metal lath' at BnQ gae some bizarre results...

It would. The only 'lath' I know of in context is in lath and plaster so
is wood.

--
*I got a sweater for Christmas. I really wanted a screamer or a moaner*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
basil

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:38:27 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:
A search for 'metal lath' at BnQ gae some bizarre results...

It would. The only 'lath' I know of in context is in lath and plaster so
is wood.

B&Q do metal lath for plastering over at their warehouses but probably
not online.

Basil
Anna Kettle

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:38:27 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:
A search for 'metal lath' at BnQ gae some bizarre results...

It would. The only 'lath' I know of in context is in lath and plaster so
is wood.

I suspect you need ot search for "eml" which is expanded metal lath

Anna
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642

Anna Kettle wrote:
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:38:27 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:
A search for 'metal lath' at BnQ gae some bizarre results...

It would. The only 'lath' I know of in context is in lath and

plaster so
is wood.

I suspect you need ot search for "eml" which is expanded metal lath

Anna

thats what i looked for first, but no results. It was the bizarre
'lath' or any word containing 'lath' in the result.

Its remarkable how far the net has to go in some respects. Some
commercial sites still seem to be designed by the clueless.

NT