Junior Member

Talking Fixing plasterboard

Have to say I'm not a fan of dry lining unless it must be done and always prefer wet plaster.

However, I had no choice recently but to use plasterboard and thought I'd give plasterboard adhesive a try - normally I'm a batten and screw/nail man.

Have to say, pleasantly suprised! It worked a treat, took a couple of hours for a 10m2 stretch and apart from a few foot prints throughout the house, an excellent alternative.

Just thought I'd share that one

Last edited by kafkaian : February 10th 05 at 04:31 PM
The Natural Philosopher

kafkaian wrote:

Have to say I'm not a fan of dry lining unless it must be done and
always prefer wet plaster.

However, I had no choice recently but to use plasterboard and thought
I'd give plasterboard adhesive a try - normally I'm a batten and
screw/nail man.

Have to say, pleasantly suprised! It worked a treat, took a couple of
hours for a 10m2 stretch and apart from a few foot prints throughout
the house, an excellent alternative.

Just thought I'd share that one

I never kbnew you could. That may be ofonsiderable use.

Does it work with foil backed?
Mike

kafkaian wrote:

Have to say I'm not a fan of dry lining unless it must be done and
always prefer wet plaster.

However, I had no choice recently but to use plasterboard and thought
I'd give plasterboard adhesive a try - normally I'm a batten and
screw/nail man.

Have to say, pleasantly suprised! It worked a treat, took a couple of
hours for a 10m2 stretch and apart from a few foot prints throughout
the house, an excellent alternative.

Just thought I'd share that one

I never kbnew you could. That may be ofonsiderable use.

Does it work with foil backed?

Just pull the foil off where you put the dollops of gloup.

John Rumm

Mike wrote:

Just pull the foil off where you put the dollops of gloup.

Or using blobs of expanding foam instead, that will stick to the foil.

--
Cheers,

John.

Mike

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Mike wrote:

Just pull the foil off where you put the dollops of gloup.

Or using blobs of expanding foam instead, that will stick to the foil.

That really depends on the foam. B&Q's economy foam (or whatever it's
called) doesn't seem to stick to anything :-(

John Rumm

Mike wrote:

That really depends on the foam. B&Q's economy foam (or whatever it's
called) doesn't seem to stick to anything :-(

The toolstation one seems pretty good (slight green colour to it), not
too expensive either...

--
Cheers,

John.

basil

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:18:33 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

Mike wrote:

Just pull the foil off where you put the dollops of gloup.

Or using blobs of expanding foam instead, that will stick to the foil.

It wont hold the weight of a plaster board though. Plus it will err,
expand and push the carafully positioned boards all over the shop.

Basil