Argentice

Default Mini-blowtorches (pencil shaped) suppliers?

Anyone know of a good supplier of these, at a decent price? I need
about 50, for now. My local wholesaler is out of stock until march!

These are ones filled with butane gas and are hand held, for soldering
etc.

Like this at Maplin...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/Full/3885i0.jpg

Some of those "cooks" blow torches might be good too.

Thanks.

Rob
Stefek Zaba

Argentice wrote:
Anyone know of a good supplier of these, at a decent price? I need
about 50, for now. My local wholesaler is out of stock until march!

Try www.google.co.uk, selecting "pages from the UK", for "portasol gas
soldering" - you'll find both end-user-sales and distributors in the
search results.
Stefek Zaba

I wrote:

Try www.google.co.uk, selecting "pages from the UK", for "portasol gas
soldering" - you'll find both end-user-sales and distributors in the
search results.

and indeed, over at

http://www.tait-components.com/Produ... Tools&iPage=2

there's a *much* cheaper handheld butane miniflamethrower ;-) for 7
notes one-off, 5-and-three-quarter notes for 20+.

No, I don't get commission ;-)
Andy Dingley

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 06:04:20 +0000, Argentice
wrote:

Anyone know of a good supplier of these, at a decent price?

I once bought three of these for a quid, from Maplin.

Given their _enormous_ unreliability, it wasn't a good deal. It
explained why they were shifting them though.

I'd use some sort of candle instead, or else make my own gas burner

Argentice

wrote:

Anyone know of a good supplier of these, at a decent price?

I once bought three of these for a quid, from Maplin.

Given their _enormous_ unreliability, it wasn't a good deal. It
explained why they were shifting them though.

I'd use some sort of candle instead, or else make my own gas burner

Well they are 10 UKP normally.
I caught them mis-priced at 4.95 - buy 2 get 1 free. So I cleaned
them out. Now, I normally I get them for about 1.50, but they are
like hens teeth - bloody hard to find!

Rob

Argentice

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:32:37 +0000, Stefek Zaba
wrote:

there's a *much* cheaper handheld butane miniflamethrower ;-) for 7
notes one-off, 5-and-three-quarter notes for 20+.

No, I don't get commission ;-)

You should!

Not a bad price for a proper BT

I'm really after "cheap as chips" though ;-)

Cheers!
raden

In message , Argentice
writes
Anyone know of a good supplier of these, at a decent price? I need
about 50, for now. My local wholesaler is out of stock until march!

These are ones filled with butane gas and are hand held, for soldering
etc.

Like this at Maplin...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/Full/3885i0.jpg

Some of those "cooks" blow torches might be good too.

Why not phone Maplins up and order them

.... don't forget to ask for a bulk discount

--
geoff
Frank Erskine

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:51:02 GMT, raden wrote:

In message , Argentice
writes
Anyone know of a good supplier of these, at a decent price? I need
about 50, for now. My local wholesaler is out of stock until march!

These are ones filled with butane gas and are hand held, for soldering
etc.

Like this at Maplin...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/Full/3885i0.jpg

Some of those "cooks" blow torches might be good too.

Why not phone Maplins up and order them

... don't forget to ask for a bulk discount

A spirit lamp and blowpipe are quite effective after a bit of
practice.

--
Frank Erskine
Lee

Argentice wrote:

Like this at Maplin...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/Full/3885i0.jpg

Hmm... I've had a couple of those that have decided to leak butane from
the valve when in use.
Might have been a bad batch though, are they ok now?

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.