LynLyn

Default asbestolux

any idea where this can be purchased from and the likely cost please?

Lydia

Aidan

LynLyn wrote:
any idea where this can be purchased from and the likely cost

please?Is this a joke?

It's not available, anywhere. Try Masterboard, or similar
fire-resisting board.

Aidan wrote:
LynLyn wrote:
any idea where this can be purchased from and the likely cost

please?Is this a joke?

It's not available, anywhere. Try Masterboard, or similar
fire-resisting board.

sure it is, but I wouldnt recommend it.

You can always make your own using non-asbestos fibres.

NT

Andrew Chesters

Aidan wrote:
LynLyn wrote:

any idea where this can be purchased from and the likely cost

please?Is this a joke?

It's not available, anywhere. Try Masterboard, or similar
fire-resisting board.

Careful here! My memory may have failed, but ISTR that Asbestolux is a
non-asbestos board made by Cape as a replacement. It was certainly
being specified only 20 years ago. Similar to Masterboard...
Aidan

Andrew Chesters wrote:

It was certainly
being specified only 20 years ago.

Maybe, maybe not, but a quick Google produced;

http://www.aic.org.uk/AICFrameSet.html

16 to 30% amosite. Asbestos. Lots of it.

There's also a list of electric storage heaters on that site that
looked interesting. No time to delve further.

The Natural Philosopher

Andrew Chesters wrote:

Aidan wrote:

LynLyn wrote:

any idea where this can be purchased from and the likely cost

please?Is this a joke?

It's not available, anywhere. Try Masterboard, or similar
fire-resisting board.

Careful here! My memory may have failed, but ISTR that Asbestolux is a
non-asbestos board made by Cape as a replacement. It was certainly
being specified only 20 years ago. Similar to Masterboard...

I think so to.

Msterboard or Multiboard are the ones I have used these days. Its hard
to sell anything that starts with asbest........
LynLyn

"Aidan" wrote in message
oups.com...

Andrew Chesters wrote:

It was certainly
being specified only 20 years ago.

Maybe, maybe not, but a quick Google produced;

http://www.aic.org.uk/AICFrameSet.html

16 to 30% amosite. Asbestos. Lots of it.

There's also a list of electric storage heaters on that site that
looked interesting. No time to delve further.

Need something to fire retardent to line existing wooden arch of fire
surround before having an inset gas fire fitted. Corgi fitter suggested
asbestolux, or similar, to do the job.

Lydia

The Natural Philosopher

LynLyn wrote:

"Aidan" wrote in message
oups.com...

Andrew Chesters wrote:

It was certainly
being specified only 20 years ago.

Maybe, maybe not, but a quick Google produced;

http://www.aic.org.uk/AICFrameSet.html

16 to 30% amosite. Asbestos. Lots of it.

There's also a list of electric storage heaters on that site that
looked interesting. No time to delve further.

Need something to fire retardent to line existing wooden arch of fire
surround before having an inset gas fire fitted. Corgi fitter suggested
asbestolux, or similar, to do the job.

Masterboard/Multiboard. Bloody expensive, works a treat. About 30 quid
for 8x4x 12mm sheet IIRC.

Lydia

LynLyn wrote:
"Aidan" wrote in message
oups.com...

Andrew Chesters wrote:

It was certainly
being specified only 20 years ago.

Maybe, maybe not, but a quick Google produced;

http://www.aic.org.uk/AICFrameSet.html

16 to 30% amosite. Asbestos. Lots of it.

There's also a list of electric storage heaters on that site that
looked interesting. No time to delve further.

Need something to fire retardent to line existing wooden arch of fire
surround before having an inset gas fire fitted. Corgi fitter

suggested
asbestolux, or similar, to do the job.

Lydia

fire reated plasterboard, its pink and contains glass fibres.

NT

John Armstrong

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 23:04:29 GMT, LynLyn wrote:

Need something to fire retardent to line existing wooden arch of fire
surround before having an inset gas fire fitted. Corgi fitter suggested
asbestolux, or similar, to do the job.

Supalux is the other common alternative

Holly, in France

The Natural Philosopher wrote in message
Andrew Chesters wrote:

Aidan wrote:

LynLyn wrote:

any idea where this can be purchased from and the likely cost

please?Is this a joke?

It's not available, anywhere. Try Masterboard, or similar
fire-resisting board.

Careful here! My memory may have failed, but ISTR that Asbestolux

is a
non-asbestos board made by Cape as a replacement. It was certainly
being specified only 20 years ago. Similar to Masterboard...

I think so to.

Aidan is right, Asbestolux did originally contain asbestos, but I think
you are right too. I am fairly sure I remember (I was an asbestos
consultant in a previous life) that a non asbestos version was
introduced as a replacement before Masterboard and Superlux came along.

Msterboard or Multiboard are the ones I have used these days.

Its hard to sell anything that starts with asbest........

Quite :-)

--
Holly, in France.
Holiday home in the Dordogne,