Andy

Default BG homecare

Do you have homecare with British gas? If so read this!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/guardian_j...400781,00.html

Andy

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Andy" writes:
Do you have homecare with British gas? If so read this!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/guardian_j...400781,00.html

Some useful contacts at the bottom of the article for suppliers
of obsolete parts.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Grumps

"Vera" wrote in message
On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 20:28:26 GMT, "Andy" wrote:

Do you have homecare with British gas? If so read this!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/guardian_j...400781,00.html

Andy

Anyone that has any unforced dealings at all with British Gas just
confirms the adage that a fool and his money are soon parted.

Rip-off merchants extrordinaire.

Insurance is just peace of mind.
We do have BG heating cover, and have used it twice over the last three
years we've had cover. For things that I could do myself, but couldn't be
bothered or don't have the time.
Yes, BG do tell you what parts are available (from them) on their annual
visit.
And BG were the only ones that I found who would cover our old boiler.

Bob Eager

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:57:21 UTC, "Grumps"
wrote:

Insurance is just peace of mind.
We do have BG heating cover, and have used it twice over the last three
years we've had cover. For things that I could do myself, but couldn't be
bothered or don't have the time.

Same here. In the last three years we've had a new ball valve on the F+E
tank, new stopcock on feed to same, new pump, and new cylinder (w/lots
of new pipework). Several hundred quids worth, I think...! So we're
slightly ahead of the game.

They fixed the burst cylinder quickly, too.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
RedOnRed

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Andy" writes:
Do you have homecare with British gas? If so read this!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/guardian_j...400781,00.html

Some useful contacts at the bottom of the article for suppliers
of obsolete parts.

--
Andrew Gabriel

They've always been able to fix our 28 year old boiler and have replaced all
manner of parts quickly and well elsewhere.

The only thing that bugs me is you have either an AM or PM appointment and
have to wait in for ages. Why they can't ring ahead and give you more
accurate idea surprises me.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Grumps wrote:
And BG were the only ones that I found who would cover our old boiler.

You're lucky. They told my brother they could no longer cover his - about
25 years old - or get the required part to fix it. So he had a new one
fitted. After hearing this story I found the required part online in about
two minutes.

--
*Therapy is expensive, poppin' bubble wrap is cheap! You choose.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Grumps

"Andy" writes:
Do you have homecare with British gas? If so read this!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/guardian_j...400781,00.html

Some useful contacts at the bottom of the article for suppliers
of obsolete parts.

--
Andrew Gabriel

They've always been able to fix our 28 year old boiler and have replaced

all
manner of parts quickly and well elsewhere.

The only thing that bugs me is you have either an AM or PM appointment and
have to wait in for ages. Why they can't ring ahead and give you more
accurate idea surprises me.

You should compare that with our local plumber. "Yeah, maybe later today".
But later today meant next week!

RedOnRed

"Andy" writes:
Do you have homecare with British gas? If so read this!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/guardian_j...400781,00.html

Some useful contacts at the bottom of the article for suppliers
of obsolete parts.

--
Andrew Gabriel

They've always been able to fix our 28 year old boiler and have replaced

all
manner of parts quickly and well elsewhere.

The only thing that bugs me is you have either an AM or PM appointment
and
have to wait in for ages. Why they can't ring ahead and give you more
accurate idea surprises me.

You should compare that with our local plumber. "Yeah, maybe later today".
But later today meant next week!

That's why I have BG cover.