Arthur

Default Fitting a Back Panel and hearth

Hi all.
Well for reasons of economic shortages I have bought B n Q's
Wintherstone Back panel and hearth for a new gas fire.

What is the method of installation for this stuff?

Thanks

Arthur

Lobster

Arthur wrote:

Well for reasons of economic shortages I have bought B n Q's
Wintherstone Back panel and hearth for a new gas fire.

What is the method of installation for this stuff?

Should be included in the box!! I got a similar one of these from
Wickes, there were several pages of instructions. Suggest you go back
to B&Q and whinge at them; you shouldn't muck about seeing as it's a gas
fire you're talking about, as there will be specific do's and don'ts
because of that.

David
Arthur

"Lobster" wrote in message
Arthur wrote:

Well for reasons of economic shortages I have bought B n Q's
Wintherstone Back panel and hearth for a new gas fire.

What is the method of installation for this stuff?

Should be included in the box!! I got a similar one of these from
Wickes, there were several pages of instructions. Suggest you go back
to B&Q and whinge at them; you shouldn't muck about seeing as it's a gas
fire you're talking about, as there will be specific do's and don'ts
because of that.

David

Haven't opened the boxes yet...err..nasty weather we're having lately, don't
you think?

Thanks for the tip ..lol

Arthur

Andy Dingley

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:37:40 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

I got a similar one of these from
Wickes, there were several pages of instructions.

Some of Wickes' gas fitting products are deliberately instructionless,
to discourage the unwary. This one may be similar.
--
Smert' spamionam
dino

Arthur Wrote:
Hi all.
Well for reasons of economic shortages I have bought B n Q's
Wintherstone Back panel and hearth for a new gas fire.

What is the method of installation for this stuff?

Thanks

Arthur

Hi,

I have also bought this and there are no instructions. I am not
installing a new fire though, so not much of a prob, however, does
anyone know if i am able to drill through the wintherstone stuff
without it cracking so i can fix the fire back to the wall?

Cheers,

Dino

--
dino

Vass

"dino" wrote in message

Arthur Wrote:
Hi all.
Well for reasons of economic shortages I have bought B n Q's
Wintherstone Back panel and hearth for a new gas fire.

What is the method of installation for this stuff?

Thanks

Arthur

Hi,

I have also bought this and there are no instructions. I am not
installing a new fire though, so not much of a prob, however, does
anyone know if i am able to drill through the wintherstone stuff
without it cracking so i can fix the fire back to the wall?

Cheers,

Dino

You need this lightweight stuff you mix with the concrete/cement, its a bit
like small balls of polystyrene
but I can't remember its name, Jewson sell it, comes in a large paper potato
type sack
--
Vass