Default Huge O ring required...

All,
Using cycle rollers, I managed to break the rubber drive belt.
(actually mabe not rubber, but certainly 'rubbery')

(like: http://makeashorterlink.com/?G68B2636A
- only mine are the cheap, unbranded version!)

So... does anyone know of a stockist for replacement enormous rubbery
bands. 6-7mm diameter (circular x section), 1920 m long untensioned (ie
circumference - or length, now that its split)

In its 'mounted' state it should be 2185 mm long.

I'm going to start calling round bike shops in the am, but if anyone
has suggestions for sources, I'd appreciate it...

thanks,

Cicero

wrote in message
oups.com...
All,
Using cycle rollers, I managed to break the rubber drive belt.
(actually mabe not rubber, but certainly 'rubbery')

(like: http://makeashorterlink.com/?G68B2636A
- only mine are the cheap, unbranded version!)

So... does anyone know of a stockist for replacement enormous rubbery
bands. 6-7mm diameter (circular x section), 1920 m long untensioned (ie
circumference - or length, now that its split)

In its 'mounted' state it should be 2185 mm long.

I'm going to start calling round bike shops in the am, but if anyone
has suggestions for sources, I'd appreciate it...

thanks,

=============
Try he http://www.skiffy.com/

A bit expensive I think!

Cic.

John

These may be able to help,

http://www.polymax.co.uk/mainframe%2...20products.htm

Click on Products then on O-Rings.

HTH

John

Rob Morley

In article .com,
" says...
All,
Using cycle rollers, I managed to break the rubber drive belt.
(actually mabe not rubber, but certainly 'rubbery')

(like:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?G68B2636A
- only mine are the cheap, unbranded version!)

So... does anyone know of a stockist for replacement enormous rubbery
bands. 6-7mm diameter (circular x section), 1920 m long untensioned (ie
circumference - or length, now that its split)

In its 'mounted' state it should be 2185 mm long.

I'm going to start calling round bike shops in the am, but if anyone
has suggestions for sources, I'd appreciate it...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?Manu=Tacx

http://www.fisheroutdoor.co.uk/publi...and/tacx.html?
action=page&id=3

http://www.cyclesmart.co.uk/shop/ind...nerstacx/train
ertraxspares/

etc.
Capitol

Maybe it's worth considering glueing the ends together with superglue,
or doing a hot weld job with a knife blade!

Regards
Capitol

Michael Murray

snip of useful suggestions... including tacx spares, fisher outdoors,
skiffy.com, polymax.co.uk

Thanks for the suggestions all.

Parker don't have them, and don't know if they exist as spares.
Polite, but not much help.

Fisher (contacted following link from tacx.nl website) were very keen
to help, and looked up tech manuals to try to find length of tacx
band, but failed. I was impressed with their efforts though.

Skiffy, I didn't call, as I really don't want to spend hundreds of
pounds on a continuous roll welder thingie. Nice website though.

Finally, and most impressively, POLYMAX. These guys spent about a half
hour on the phone to me (with a call back, so they won't get much
profit out of me!). They have a minimum order of £7.50 (I thought
maybe he meant £750), and have HUGE, HUGE O rings. They're due to ring
me back tomorrow with final prices but look like they'll have what I
want for about £3 ! - result. thanks to all, but particularly John.

Another success for uk.d-i-y !
M.
raden

In message , Michael
Murray writes
[...]

A bit late ... but you can buy "O" ring kits where you make your own

--
geoff
Christian McArdle

So... does anyone know of a stockist for replacement enormous rubbery
bands. 6-7mm diameter (circular x section), 1920 m long untensioned (ie
circumference - or length, now that its split)

You're right, a 1920m circumference O-ring is huge! Thats over half a
kilometre across. At only 7mm thick, I'm not surprised you managed to break,
though.

Christian.

Michael Murray

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message .net...
So... does anyone know of a stockist for replacement enormous rubbery
bands. 6-7mm diameter (circular x section), 1920 m long untensioned (ie
circumference - or length, now that its split)

You're right, a 1920m circumference O-ring is huge! Thats over half a
kilometre across. At only 7mm thick, I'm not surprised you managed to break,
though.

Christian.

Christian,

Thanks for your constructive assistance with the SI units. True, a 2km
O Ring could be safely classed as huge.

M.

BTW: I'm not sure that "At only 7mm thick, I'm not surprised you
managed to break, though." is a sentence. If you want to be a pedant,
please be more clear. I'm not 7mm thick, and it wasn't me wot broke.

When is a ring circuit not a ring circuit? Fitz UK diy 4 July 27th 04 11:53 PM
Adding Socketds Roger UK diy 9 March 17th 04 11:47 PM
Ring mains and consumer unit David UK diy 2 January 14th 04 04:36 PM
Unique Spoon Ring *please help!* J Metalworking 2 January 8th 04 05:06 PM
Is my main socket ring too big? Paul UK diy 24 November 25th 03 09:03 PM