Sean

Default Concrete shrinkage - how much and when does it stop

Can anyone give me any guidance here

I'm planning to shutter a hearth for a fireplace I'm building. As I
want the hearth height to be as exact as possible, I'm a bit concerned
about concrete shrinkage. Can I assume that for a reasonable strong
mix reinforced that this is negligible? I dont want the seals on the
stove flue leaking as a result of the hearth dropping

TIA
Sean

Concrete never strops shrinking. After about 70 years theres nothing
left.

NT

The Natural Philosopher

Sean wrote:

Can anyone give me any guidance here

I'm planning to shutter a hearth for a fireplace I'm building. As I
want the hearth height to be as exact as possible, I'm a bit concerned
about concrete shrinkage. Can I assume that for a reasonable strong
mix reinforced that this is negligible? I dont want the seals on the
stove flue leaking as a result of the hearth dropping

TIA
Sean

Not so much the strength as the wetness. Mix it strong and as dry as you
dare.