Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Removing tiles: implements used

I want to remove a couple of square metres of 15cm wall tiles in my
kitchen. Then replace with new ones. My first ever tiling job.

* Will a 2 inch electricians bolster + rubber mallet be OK for removing
the tiles (traditional brick + plaster wall).

* Once the tiles are removed, what can I use to flatten out any
remaining adhesive -- chisel, screwdriver etc.?

* I was thinking once the tiles are off, maybe it would be a good time
to paint my skirting board. I can then retile and get a neat finish
with no paint drips on the tiles. A good strategy?

Thanks
Bruce