Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
brugnospamsia

Default MDF electrical trunking ??

Dear group,

The only formal training my limited attention span permitted was in
electronics and not electrical installation. I also work as a technician on
a site with all cables accessible and understand the difficulty of
predicting future needs.

This explains my instinct to wire my house in an unconventional way avoiding
cutting joists and running cables under the floor or buried in plaster.

My plan is to use vertical and horizontal cable ducts around the stairwell
at the centre of my house in addition to the already useful duct formed by
the gap between the first and second first upper floor joists which runs the
whole length of the house and which will also carry gas and water pipes.

In the absence of or high price of trunking that is easy on the eye, and
given that PVC trunking is permitted, I wonder if there would be any
objection to my using bespoke MDF service ducts.

I have done a fair bit of Googling on the subject but to no avail.

thanks ...

Jeremy

Trunking for cat5e David Hearn UK diy 7 January 11th 05 07:14 PM
Electrical inspector makes up new rules during inspection zxcvbob Home Repair 22 March 12th 04 04:54 PM
Overhead electrical service to a storage shed Timothy J. Trace Home Repair 3 December 3rd 03 04:21 AM
Installing Electrical Outlet In Sink Cabinet Matty Home Repair 0 August 27th 03 03:08 PM
Cheap source for Electrical skirting trunking? Alex H UK diy 2 August 8th 03 08:52 AM