Andy

Default Potterton EP2000 CH controller + Danfoss TP7000M tstat

Hi,

I'm looking to replace my room thermostat with a fancy programmable
jobbie, currently looking at the Danfoss TP7000. I see that the TP7000M
is also available and requires a mains supply to power rather than the
battery driven TP7000. The current room thermostat is one of the basic
Honeywell electromechanical models and has three supply wires going to
it. A red live, a blue neutral and a yellow 'load' (neutral from
controller).

The controller unit is a Potterton EP2000 and was fitted when the house
was constructed in 1990. My question is, can I use the TP7000M
(with its requirement for a mains supply) with this setup *or* does the
EP2000 only supply live to the thermostat when the controller has the
CH switched 'on' (via its timing windows) ? Even if this is the case and
the thermostat live supply is not 'always on' then presumably this can
be achieved by switching the controller CH manual switch to always on.

Any advice, issues with using the TP7000M vs TP7000 for my
setup most welcome.

Cheers,

Andy.

Lurch

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:46:26 GMT, "Andy"
strung together this:

Any advice, issues with using the TP7000M vs TP7000 for my
setup most welcome.

The usual way to do it is to put the CH on 'constant' at the
programmer or link it out permenantly.

As for the stat itself, the Honeywell CM67 is the weapon of choice for
this group, I haven't got one myself but they are one of the better
ones and well worth a look.
--

SJW
Andy

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:46:26 GMT, "Andy"
strung together this:

Any advice, issues with using the TP7000M vs TP7000 for my
setup most welcome.

The usual way to do it is to put the CH on 'constant' at the
programmer or link it out permenantly.

As for the stat itself, the Honeywell CM67 is the weapon of choice for
this group, I haven't got one myself but they are one of the better
ones and well worth a look.
--

Yup, down to a shortlist of two :-

CM67
TP7000(M)

It was the mains driven feature of the Danfoss model which had
me interested. Spec wise they're pretty much identical and the
cost is about the same too. The battery free aspect of the Danfoss
was tempting me down that route hence the question about
power supply to the stat.

Anyone out there using a Danfoss TP7000, either the battery
or mains powered models ?

Andy.