Joel Payne

Default Can I extend my flue?

I have a baxi bahama 100 on an outside groundfloor wall. I plan to
build a single storey extension on the otherside of that wall. This
would mean that I would have to have the flue extended by apx 90cm to
clear the new roof. My architect has told me I would need to movfer
the boiler to a new wall as this would exceed the maximum flue height.
Can enybody tell me is this is true. Moving the boiler would be very
expensive and if I don't have to I'd be happy not to!

JP
John Stumbles

Joel Payne wrote:
I have a baxi bahama 100 on an outside groundfloor wall. I plan to
build a single storey extension on the otherside of that wall. This
would mean that I would have to have the flue extended by apx 90cm to
clear the new roof. My architect has told me I would need to movfer
the boiler to a new wall as this would exceed the maximum flue height.
Can enybody tell me is this is true. Moving the boiler would be very
expensive and if I don't have to I'd be happy not to!

Is it a balanced flue (square or round concentric terminal immediately
on the other side of the wall from the boiler)? If it is large (about a
foot across) it's an un-fanned flue and it is very unlikely you could
extend it vertically by 900mm. A fanned flue (usually 4" OD concentric
pipes) is more likely to be amenable to extension. In any case the final
word will be the manufacturer's installation instructions which should
be in the manual which you should have.