Tony Hayes

Default Bath Renovation

Anyone had an old cast iron bath renovated? Is the cost worth it?
Any experiences shared would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Tony
John Stumbles

"Tony Hayes" wrote in message
Anyone had an old cast iron bath renovated? Is the cost worth it?
Any experiences shared would be gratefully received.

Depends on the bath, I'd say. A customer of mine had her cast-iron bath done
in-situ. The finish was OK but not perfect (slight dust marks) and as it was
a common or garden 30s rectangular bath I don't think it was worth it; I'd
have replaced it with a cheap pressed steel job or better. Now if you're
talking about a rolled-top claw-feet bath then spending some money taking it
out and having it re-enamelled by whatever method they use to do it properly
is probably well worth it.

--
John Stumbles
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Rob Graham

Tony Hayes wrote in message . ..
Anyone had an old cast iron bath renovated? Is the cost worth it?
Any experiences shared would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Tony

I'll tell you in a week or so when I've had mine done! The effort
that's gone into cleaning the outside of the bath and re-painting it
better be paid off bearing in mind that the blasted thing is in the
garden at the moment and has yet to be moved into the bathroom - all 2
cwt of it.

Rob

'L' shaped bath anybody? BigWallop UK diy 6 July 27th 03 10:04 PM
Bath and Basin waste. Troy UK diy 6 July 25th 03 07:41 PM
Overflow on new bath leaking BigWallop UK diy 4 July 25th 03 02:56 PM
Special Bolts for Cast Iron bath feet Rob Graham UK diy 2 July 22nd 03 01:48 PM
Cleaning outside of Cast Iron bath for Painting Rob Graham UK diy 4 July 21st 03 08:56 AM