Martin

Default Victorian Architrave

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get architrave made to the same profile as the
old victorian stuff that is in my house? By the way, I live in Reading,
Berkshire.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Martin.

Tony Hogarty

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:07:17 +0000, Martin wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get architrave made to the same profile as
the old victorian stuff that is in my house? By the way, I live in
Reading, Berkshire.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Martin.

If you want a decent quantity any decent timber merchant should be able to
do this for you. Try Arnold Laver on the Basingstoke Road.

--
Regards

Tony Hogarty
(Take out the garbage to reply)

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Martin wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get architrave made to the same profile as
the old victorian stuff that is in my house? By the way, I live in
Reading, Berkshire.

My local Travis Perkins stocks it. Not 100% identical to mine, but then no
two houses were the same anyway.

--
*I went to school to become a wit, only got halfway through.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
mark b

"Martin" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get architrave made to the same profile as
the
old victorian stuff that is in my house? By the way, I live in Reading,
Berkshire.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Martin.

I got mine from a local timber merchant. It was 3" ogee profile. Not a stock
item at that size so I had to wait a few days.

mark b

Martin wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get architrave made to the same profile

as the
old victorian stuff that is in my house? By the way, I live in

Reading,
Berkshire.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Martin.

Is it an extrudable shape, or one with added 3d decorations?

If the former, it can be made with a spindle moulder thing, but you'll
have to pay for the cutter to be made, so youre looking at 2 figures.
If the latter, your best bet is to make it yourself by casting.

Or if youre lucky you may find what you have already on sale at minimal
cost.

NT