Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
MM

Default Private sewage treatment plant, anyone know costs?

I recently moved on to a brand-new estate which has a privately run
sewage treatment plant, completely separate from the water company for
this area. There was supposed to be a management company set up to run
this plant, but it appears to be going pear-shaped, with volunteers
pulling out, a mounting debt, and certain individuals complaining to
the point of having their solicitor write a letter.

Does anyone know what these small estate-based sewage treament plants
typically cost to run? I have been told the plant here needs emptying
three times a year. The development contains approximately 40
dwellings, and all residents pay a proportionate amount.

In another part of the village, houses are also connected to a similar
local sewage treatment plant, yet that one is entirely run by the
water company, as if one were on mains sewerage and simply paid the
water and sewage bill. Perhaps it would be best if 'our' proposed
management company simply transferred (sold?) the plant and the
responsibility for running it to the water company?

MM