Dragon77

Default Power Shower

I plan to replace my existing mixer shower with a power shower.The mixer
shower has 2 copper 22mm pipe feeding it hot and cold.Can i simply cut these
connections and use plastic speedfit reducers to 15mm and then use a
flexable speedfit hose to connect up to the power shower ?

Tim Snell

"Dragon77" wrote in message
I plan to replace my existing mixer shower with a power shower.The mixer
shower has 2 copper 22mm pipe feeding it hot and cold.Can i simply cut

these
connections and use plastic speedfit reducers to 15mm and then use a
flexable speedfit hose to connect up to the power shower ?

In theory yes. BUT make sure that the hose/plastic reducers are rated over
65C or
whatever you are going to put through it. You can get metal pushfit stuff -
I think
Marley make some.

Also the hoses IMO do restrict the flow
somewhat so I guess the pump will labour a bit but it should work - I wonder
if
anyone here thinks that a large pump could 'collapse' the hose - it would
depend
on the properties of the hose and the pressure difference I guess - plus
there is the
potential for kinking/constriction...

Most of the showers I have seen have 15mm pushfit plastic elbows that bring
the
inlets out of the box, it is normally pretty easy to make some 15 mm copper
fit
between the two pushfits

Tim

Generator FAQ Gunner Metalworking 0 January 23rd 04 05:24 PM
Computer power supply compatiility My father's son Electronics Repair 15 January 16th 04 11:13 PM
Running power shower pump off normal HW cistern? Rob Nicholson UK diy 21 December 28th 03 06:39 PM
Power Shower Spec Matt Scantlebury UK diy 1 October 23rd 03 10:05 PM
Shower screen grumble... David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 September 5th 03 05:49 PM