Set Square

Default How many Lurch's are there?

I noticed that one of the participants in yesterday's Scrapheap Challenge on
TV was called 'Lurch'.

Since I haven't come across too many people with this handle, I wondered
whether there was any connection with the 'Lurch' who posts here.
Admittedly, our Lurch appears to be an electrician, whereas the bloke on the
telly was tinkering with car bits - but the two are not necessarily mutually
exclusive.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Aidan

Set Square wrote:
I noticed that one of the participants in yesterday's Scrapheap

Challenge on
TV was called 'Lurch'.

Dunno, I'm sure the resident Lurch will advise shortly.

The man behind the UK-Rocketman site
http://www.ukrocketman.com/rocketry/scrapheap.shtml

was on Scrapheap and was surprised to find that he was to be known as
'Buzz', a nickname assigned to him by the production team for dramatic
purposes.

Dave Stanton

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:40:38 +0000, Set Square wrote:

I noticed that one of the participants in yesterday's Scrapheap Challenge
on TV was called 'Lurch'.

Something I was wondering about last week, come on Stuart !!

Dave
again
in the future!!
Hugo Nebula

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:40:38 -0000, a particular chimpanzee named "Set
Square" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

I noticed that one of the participants in yesterday's Scrapheap Challenge on
TV was called 'Lurch'.

When I was at school, it was a name given to anyone more than two
inches taller than his (or her) classmates.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"

Hugo Nebula wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:40:38 -0000, a particular chimpanzee named

"Set
Square" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

I noticed that one of the participants in yesterday's Scrapheap

Challenge on
TV was called 'Lurch'.

When I was at school, it was a name given to anyone more than two
inches taller than his (or her) classmates.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"

Same here, and his slightly portly best mate quickly became known as
festus!

MBQ