DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Push fit problems? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/8806-push-fit-problems.html)

OldScrawn May 19th 04 09:43 PM

Push fit problems?

Never had any provided I've used lubricant. I used to use silicone oil, but the
Screwfix spray is wonderful. Also excellent for gutters, soil pipes, etc.

BillV May 19th 04 11:29 PM

Push fit problems?

"OldScrawn" wrote in message
Never had any provided I've used lubricant. I used to use silicone oil,

but the
Screwfix spray is wonderful. Also excellent for gutters, soil pipes, etc.

KY jelly works for me..

BigWallop May 19th 04 11:32 PM

Push fit problems?

"BillV" wrote in message

"OldScrawn" wrote in message
Never had any provided I've used lubricant. I used to use silicone oil,

but the
Screwfix spray is wonderful. Also excellent for gutters, soil pipes, etc.

KY jelly works for me..

Mmmm !!! That's what they all say. :-))

BillV May 19th 04 11:51 PM

Push fit problems?

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"BillV" wrote in message

"OldScrawn" wrote in message
Never had any provided I've used lubricant. I used to use silicone

oil,
but the
Screwfix spray is wonderful. Also excellent for gutters, soil pipes,

etc.

KY jelly works for me..

Mmmm !!! That's what they all say. :-))

I don't why but there seem to be tubes of it around the house. Must ask
swmbo why one day :-)
It really does work for all kinds of pushfit things and is completely
harmless to the rubber.

The Natural Philosopher May 20th 04 01:49 AM

Push fit problems?

OldScrawn wrote:

Never had any provided I've used lubricant. I used to use silicone oil, but the
Screwfix spray is wonderful. Also excellent for gutters, soil pipes, etc.

Does it work on Gerbils too?

:-)

Ian Stirling May 20th 04 02:24 AM

Push fit problems?

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
OldScrawn wrote:

Never had any provided I've used lubricant. I used to use silicone oil, but the
Screwfix spray is wonderful. Also excellent for gutters, soil pipes, etc.

Does it work on Gerbils too?

Wouldn't regular pipe brushes be less cruel?

The Natural Philosopher May 20th 04 02:32 AM

Push fit problems?

OldScrawn wrote:

Never had any provided I've used lubricant. I used to use silicone oil, but the
Screwfix spray is wonderful. Also excellent for gutters, soil pipes, etc.

Does it work on Gerbils too?

Wouldn't regular pipe brushes be less cruel?

I don't think they fit the gerbils

BillV May 20th 04 12:13 PM

Push fit problems?

OldScrawn wrote:

Never had any provided I've used lubricant. I used to use silicone oil,

but the
Screwfix spray is wonderful. Also excellent for gutters, soil pipes,

etc.

Does it work on Gerbils too?

Is this a reference to :-
http://www.funny.co.uk/jokes/art_52-...il-Legend.html

steve May 20th 04 06:17 PM

Push fit problems?

"BillV" wrote in message ...
"BigWallop" wrote in message

"BillV" wrote in message

"OldScrawn" wrote in message
Never had any provided I've used lubricant. I used to use silicone

oil,
but the
Screwfix spray is wonderful. Also excellent for gutters, soil pipes,

etc.

KY jelly works for me..

Mmmm !!! That's what they all say. :-))

I don't why but there seem to be tubes of it around the house. Must ask
swmbo why one day :-)
It really does work for all kinds of pushfit things and is completely
harmless to the rubber.

Try Y2Kyjelly you can get in 4 digits where prev. you could only use two