DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Suppliers of rubber washers? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/87993-suppliers-rubber-washers.html)

Michael Kilpatrick January 24th 05 03:51 PM

Suppliers of rubber washers?

This is really frustrating. I just can't believe I can't locate a
straightforward supplier of miscellaneous rubber washers off the shelf!

All I want is a dozen washers about 15mm diameter, 1.5mm-2mm thick, with
a 6mm hole. These are for remounting some electric fans. Can anyone
please point me in the right direction?

thanks,

Michael

Rob Morley January 24th 05 04:23 PM

In article ,
"Michael Kilpatrick"
says...
This is really frustrating. I just can't believe I can't locate a
straightforward supplier of miscellaneous rubber washers off the shelf!

All I want is a dozen washers about 15mm diameter, 1.5mm-2mm thick, with
a 6mm hole. These are for remounting some electric fans. Can anyone
please point me in the right direction?

How about cutting some from an old bicycle tyre or similar?

Cicero January 24th 05 04:52 PM

"Michael Kilpatrick" wrote in
message ...
This is really frustrating. I just can't believe I can't locate a
straightforward supplier of miscellaneous rubber washers off the shelf!

All I want is a dozen washers about 15mm diameter, 1.5mm-2mm thick, with
a 6mm hole. These are for remounting some electric fans. Can anyone
please point me in the right direction?

thanks,

Michael

===============
Look at:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/...cd=1&x=0 &y=0

but it might be cheaper to buy single TAP washers if they'll do what you
want.

Cic.

Alex January 24th 05 11:25 PM

Your local plumbers merchant should do the trick

john January 26th 05 05:36 PM

"Simon Stroud" wrote in message

Try the electronic hobby merchants for rubber grommets, like page 9 of this
catalogue

http://www.wcnsupplies.net/catalogues/21_2.zip

or nylon washers at:
http://www.greenweld.co.uk/acatalog/...dware_205.html