Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Peter J Hemmings

Default Upholstery Query

Hi,

I am just re-cycling an old office chair. On stripping the back down to
the wood, I have found that there are four horizontal lines (grooves).
These seem to be made by pressing or (glueing) the 8mm foam cover to
the fabric and pressing the foam flat. There is no sewn seams along these
indentations. Anyone know how I can do this when I re-cover it please?
FWIW the cover is glued to the 8mm foam and there is a fine cloth glued to
the foam, the pad is then stapled over a thick moulded foam pad attached
to the plywood back.
Hope this is understandable!

Thanks

Dining Chair Upholstery Bob Woodworking 3 January 13th 05 01:01 PM
wing chair upholstery Mike Hide Woodworking 2 August 20th 04 03:36 PM
Earth Bonding Query. Pet UK diy 12 July 20th 04 05:01 PM
Bathroom fan wiring query (sorry!) Lobster UK diy 3 May 12th 04 09:29 PM
Upholstery classes, workshops? Grace Home Repair 3 March 2nd 04 04:18 AM