Terry Birch

Default 150 mm Sanding disc wanted for B&Q's CLM450ROS

We have just bought a couple of Performance Pro Dual Random Orbital Sanders
model: CLM450ROS. from B&Q.
The machine comes with both 125mm and 150mm dia bases, the 150 base is
actually fitted to the machine when you unpack them. In the box are a
couple of discs for both bases, so someone, somewhere actually makes them.
I can get the 125mm discs more or less anywhere, but not the 150mm one.
I have asked at several B&Q depots, but they have only ever stocked the
smaller one. I wrote to B&Q who referred me to the Performance Pro Helpline,
but the person I spoke to, said they had no knowledge of the CLM450ROS and
referred me back to B&Q Customer Services.
I have tried most of the larger tool accessory firms in the area, but they
do not stock disc to fit them.
The discs are of the 'Hook and Loop' variety (Velcro to most of us) they
have 8, 10mm diameter holes for dust extraction, the problem being is that
the hole centres are 43mm in from the outer edge of the disc.
Can anyone please suggest where to get them from?

--
Regards Terry Birch

--
Regards Terry Birch

Andy Hall

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:16:26 GMT, "Terry Birch"
wrote:

[...]

Generally 150mm with 6 holes is the industry standard size and
pattern.

Have a look at

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...=19968&recno=8

I use these with my Metabo sander and they are compatible with that.

There is a 125mm size as well.

The industry standard 8 hole disks have the holes near the edge.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...=31303&recno=3

Since you seem to have a non-standard machine then probably the
cheapest and easiest way is to buy disks without holes

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...=23197&recno=2

and then punch them with a piece of sharpened tube using a piece of
ply with drilled holes as a jig.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Bob Minchin

Terry Birch wrote in message ...
[...]

Hi Terry,

Try here http://www.abrasivesplus.com/cgi-bin/CSM.storefront

There is not much in the abrasive line that they don't do.

You could always buy un punched discs and make up a jig to cut the holes
where you need them.

HTH

Bob

Dave

Hi Terry
We have just bought a couple of Performance Pro Dual Random Orbital
Sanders
model: CLM450ROS. from B&Q.

What do you think of them? I was tempted myself, looks like a good
tool.

Dave

Terry Birch

Hi Dave,
I cannot fault them in anyway, especially as I have now got the correct
150mm discs coming for it. Plus the fact, at the present special offer
price of £19.99 incl. together with a three year guarantee, where can you
get a better deal!

--
Regards Terry Birch

"Dave" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Terry
We have just bought a couple of Performance Pro Dual Random Orbital
Sanders
model: CLM450ROS. from B&Q.

What do you think of them? I was tempted myself, looks like a good
tool.

Dave

Dave

Hi Terry

=A319:99? Wow! Where did you see that - the web site says =A329:99.
Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Terry Birch, Mr Christopher M Young wrote:
Hi there.
ebay has loads of both 125 and 150mm sanding discs with various levels of
roughness. I am looking for a 5" sanding pad, that these discs fit on to. not
having much luck at the moment

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...os-144667-.htm